[SEASON 1] Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"T-thank you so much! I'll never forget this for as long as I live!" One teenager ran away crying, his signed shirt swaying with the wind like a horsetail.

"Sometimes I question if we're really that great to other people..." Ina muttered, the scarf placed around her neck covering her mouth. "I don't underestimate us but to have people crying tears of joy for you is a sight to see nonetheless."

"I think it's great! Just realizing we have that effect on people is a good thing!" Amelia had bought from a wide selection of plants and placed them on a cart. She bought ten pots. If she wasn't a comical detective born for mischief, she'd definitely be into being a daredevil. She says the plants help keep her room fragrant and annihilates her gremlin energy, whatever that is. "I might have to go back to the Victorian Era for some confectioneries. Some good ol' history in your stomach's pretty good once in a while~"

Kiara perceptibly dried her lips in shame, "Did you really not buy any clothes, Ame? Your wardrobe's limited."

"I'm being resourceful. Is there something wrong with not wanting to waste water on more clothes? Be grateful I only own like five amazing ones to wear!"

"F-five?! You only owned two last time! What kind of detective are you?!"

Gura chimed in. "What matters is that we're together, aren't we?"

"That reminds me," I said to myself, looking at my watch. "We have to return by 4 in the afternoon. It's currently 2:35pm so please make the most of this mall."

Calli liked the colors black and red whenever we visited a clothing store. She didn't settle for much diversity and stuffed in those clothes in her basket without a care. Frivolous spending at its finest. She was pretty much just picking whatever tickled her fancy or should I not call it that? It seemed she already knew what she was going to buy the moment she joined the girls.

"What about you Gura? You wanna go clothes-shopping with me? It seems like you still have a lot of energy to spend!" Kiara eagerly wanted someone to go with her. "Or Calli-" she looked at me, her shopping-craze expression shifted to one of smugness. "Heh. On second thought, Ina accompany me!"

"W-Wha? But... I have to buy a new tablet-" Ina was about to bounce until Kiara's hand clawed at the neck of her Tako shirt.

"I know just the right dress for you, girl! We'll grab the things you need later!~" Kiara clapped her hands. "You're gonna look so adorable in it! Ame... and Gura! What are you going to do?"

"Us? Maybe we'll join Calli-" Gura innocently remarked.

Kiara somehow had a fiery look on her face.

Gura instantly recovered as well as my sanity. "AH YES! Ame... we're going to do that thing you always wanted to do, right?" she bumped her elbow into Amelia's chest. "Right? Right? Right?~"

"You're a great buddy, Gura but I don't understand-" Amelia was then stopped by Kiara's glare. "OH HAHA! I remember! Yes indeed! We'll get to that, yes! ... Whatever that is..." she muttered the last part.

I heard Calli click her tongue. "If you want me to hang out with Clay in the mall, just tell me straight." Death's apprentice pulled at my ear, causing me to let go of the shopping bags the other girls bought. I felt like Brock in Pokemon where my ear was always the prime target, except I had no one in mind to woo.

"Ow ow ow! Calli!" Can we get the radiography on otherworldly beings? What the heck were they made of biologically?

I had adjusted accordingly to my job as personal assistant and the tasks given to me were now within my level. Calli mentioned she'd take care of the rest in the Underworld due to how things turned out.