[SEASON 1] Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Like someone encouraging me to go to school early, Kiara lightly pushed my back, shoving me out of the elevator with a smile. "You got this. Just be respectful and do what you came here to do. We'll see you by the end of the day. Hopefully."

That was what I intended from the start.

Ina waved along with her tentacles and soon, the elevator doors closed sending them to another floor.

The jitters left my body. I was back to being serious and kicking away any concerns I stored up earlier.

You got this. Just be respectful and do what you came here to do.

What was there to fear? It wasn't the end of the world except for the things that happened in those portals seconds ago. I had redeemed myself by working and getting Yagoo's attention over my consistency. If I couldn't demonstrate that here, his promotion would be a pointless doing.

Slapping my cheeks, I recall back to Yagoo's instructions leading to Mori Calliope's room. Go forward, make a sharp left and her room was at the farthest corner. The place was like a maze for any first-timer. Was I in a ward? Yagoo's directions became hazier the more I trudged through this dungeon-like floor.

If I screwed this up, I was going to kiss this job goodbye and become a bum.

"Let's see... That way or this way?" Every passageway looked identical. I wasn't about to divulge in one if it didn't lead to Mori's quarters.

While trying to find her room, I was practicing my lines on what to say to her and what to expect. Drawing from a blank canvas became easier when I repeated the words over and over. I was striding with grace and unparalleled vivaciousness already.

After getting lost for a good ten minutes, I finally could hear sound in one room being carved into reality. Fortunately, this door also happened to be farther from other doors. Someone was singing inside and I could already tell this was Mori Calliope's voice booming through the speakers.

How could I describe her voice? It was passionate laced with sophisticated word-play. Every word protruded felt new and smooth from her lips. The background music that was probably electronically generated came from a digital audio workstation. It didn't stop the realness of her voice. Some part of me didn't want to open the door and disturb her. She was on a roll with the pace she was conjuring the words, her diction overflowing with so much talent and hard work.

I don't know what to feel at this point. The fact I was working for an amazing person or being a creep breathing on her door and listening to her sing. I wasn't a song junkie but her 'Live Again' song was pleasant to listen to in real life. How did I know what song it was? Every person who works for the business had these songs blaring throughout the office as an aesthetic so it must've been hardwired into me already.

It seemed like Mori didn't know when to stop because when she finished one song, she'd jump to the next one without remorse or hesitation.

The fumbling of pages could be heard inside and her uttering the words over and over made me feel disgusted about myself. She was rehearsing an A Capella version of one of her songs 'End of a Life'. I could hear scribbles here and there too since the music died down temporarily.

Calli works hard. Too hard. Her personal assistants all quit because they couldn't keep her in check. More like, she wouldn't let them because they held her back.

What was I doing outside the building earlier? Was I going to really vomit and become anxious? I already made a ton of noise when I entered this place and even acted out-of-character by being so panicky and weird. It wasn't like me.