two - met gala

ISLA'S POV

This year so much has changed for me. Since I helped Olivia write her debut album, Sour, I attended the Grammys with her and we won two Grammys (she won three). It's insane how much the two of us have grown from playing together on the set of Grey's Anatomy as friends to singing together on stage in front of thousands of people as sisters. Well, fake sisters, but close enough. Tonight Olivia's going to the Met Gala. The fucking Met. Gala. I couldn't be a happier pretend big sister.

She's been freaking out all night and sending me pictures throughout her getting ready process, but the texts suddenly stopped, which I assume means she's about to walk! I hurry over to the tv in my living room and flick on the tv. When I turn it on, I facetime my mom so I have someone to scream with over how incredible this is for Olivia.

"Hi baby!" my mom answers. She has the most beautiful smile.

"Mumma! She's supposed to be on soon!"

"Ooh exciting... what channel?" Once I tell her and she has it all set up, we're watching the celebrities walk up the red staircase.

Then I see him.

"Mom. Who's this guy?" I think he might be the best looking man I have ever seen. Like ever.

"Isla... do you have a crush?" Ugh, no stop this, I think to myself. "Patrick, she has a crush! Come see!"

"Mom, no. I've only just seen the man. I do not have a crush." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Isla bean, you have a crush? On who?" My dad comes into the frame, leaning over the couch.

"No, I do not have a crush. I just thought he was cute is all." The words come out of my mouth reluctantly.

As my dad glances at the television he says, "He is pretty cute, don't you think El?"

"Definitely cute." my mom replies, snickering under her breath and whispering to my dad.

"Ohhhh, he's the one who plays Elvis?" he asks her. No fucking way this is the guy who plays Elvis Presley. In the Elvis biopic. That features one of my covers in the soundtrack. That I have been invited to the red carpet premiere of.

Suddenly, Elvis slips my mind when I hear the reporter say "Olivia Oh" and I couldn't be happier.

My best friend looks so gorgeous and I'm just so proud of her

My best friend looks so gorgeous and I'm just so proud of her. Once she's no longer on the screen, I send her a text: 

me

babe.

you look amazing!!!!!! ahhhhhh

so so proud baby sis.

livvy

thank you i.

im currently hiding in the bathroom

anyone i need to say hi to for you?

me

maybe just one...

livvy

k...

me

yk the guy that plays elvis presley?

livvy

isla maeve.

you want me to say hi to austin butler for you?

there's so many icons here and you want me to say hi to austin butler?

me

well don't just say "isla says hi"

he won't know who i am

start the conversation CASUALLY

and then just mention me and how incredible i am

and how my cover is in the soundtrack

livvy

how do i start a CASUAL conversation with elvis presley?

me

idk.

just do it and i'll love you forever

livvy

you already love me forever.

me

pleaseeeeee.

olivia im begging

livvy

fine.

but you owe me, isla.

me

thank you.

i'm forever indebted to you.

"Earth to Isla!" I remember that my parents are still on the other side of the line.

"Oh yeah... what's up?"

"I could ask you the same question. What's got you all smiley?" My mom says with a suspicious tone.

"Nothingggggg." I reply cheekily.

"Isla Maeve." My dad warns from off of my phone screen.

"Fine. Olivia may or may not be trying to set me up with the guy from before." I giggle like a little kid. "Anyways, gotta go. love ya!" I say quickly, trying to end this before it gets even more awkward.

As I'm hanging up, I hear "Love you, I!" and "I love you!" from both of them.

After about 20 minutes, which feels like 10 hours, I get another text from Olivia.

**********

i'm too tired to proof read so idk if this is good or not