ღ. 𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕 (𝗔)

✎. 𝐀𝐔/𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭

Ghost!Eddie. Shouldn't really be an AU 'cause Eddie is already a ghost-

----------------------------------------------------------

After being brutally murdered in his own apartment, Eddie refused to rest. He wants justice, but his spirit can't leave the apartment; his spirit must stay where he dies. The landlord didn't inform the police about Eddie's death; instead, he buried Eddie's dead body and cleaned the apartment like nothing happened. That angered Eddie. It just proves that no one cares; no family or friend came to find him; no police fucking cars; no wanted posters; he wants to cry but he can't; he can't feel any tears.

Years of endlessly roaming around the room, wondering what the fuck he should do to earn justice or at least give him some proper memorial,

The door opened, and he expected the asshole landlord to come in, but a tall, attractive man with perfect hair appeared instead. Eddie was thrilled he could finally use someone to help him, but there's a problem: he can't physically touch a human; he knows when he tried to choke the landlord, and obviously he also cannot be seen or heard. He could touch and move everything except living things, and yes, that includes animals and even plants. But he doesn't really know; he never got the chance to go out.

Steve is fixing his things, and he's really happy because he finally moved out of his parent's house. The apartment is really cheap, and he's not suspicious about it. Plus, it doesn't seem like there's a ghost in the room; it's clean and tidy. The bedroom is comfy, as are the living room and the kitchen. So, why complain? This place is perfect.

Eddie has been following Steve around, wondering how he would make Steve notice him.

"Where the hell is my hair spray?" Steve grumbled.

Eddie saw this as an opportunity, and he also looked for the hairspray. The only thing that's cool about being a ghost is that you can float and stab someone without them noticing or seeing you, but harming someone while you're a ghost has consequences.

When Eddie saw the hair spray, he floated back to Steve and dropped it on the floor. Steve turns around to pick up the hair spray, and Eddie can see a fear in Steve's eyes.

"Shit, did I scare him?" Steve froze, and Eddie looked at Steve curiously.

"Can he hear me?"

Steve threw away the hairspray, and he ran as fast as he could. That leaves Eddie disappointed in himself again.

"Great, I scare him away," Eddie says, slumping on the sofa.

                              ☆

"I'm not fucking kidding, Robin! There's a ghost in my apartment, and he talked!" Steve rumbled, still scared.

"Calm down, Steve, just move out."

Steve rubbed his face with his hands. "That's the problem. I can't"

"Get a priest, then." He looked at her with disbelief on his face.

"That doesn't help at all." Robin shrugs. "Did the quote on the ghost hurt you?" Steve rolled his eyes. "What do you mean quote on quote? It's real, and no, he didn't hurt me."

"I only believe if I see it with my own eyes."

"Come with me then; I'll prove it to you." Before Robin could reply, Steve pulled her to his car, and he quickly drove away, ignoring Robin's complaint.

                                 ☆  

Eddie looked around and he saw a small paper pad with a pen. He started to scribble on the paper.