Cԋαρƚҽɾ 53: 4 U.

Start from the beginning

"What you mean? People starting to slander Ranae now?" He asked.

She slowly nodded "Only a couple of chicks here and there. I guess they think she didn't need to send you to jail, some even believe all of this was a set up, and she only went this far to ruin your image." She quoted with her fingers.

"What the fuck" Devante thought to himself, shocked that folks were actually taking his side after all of this. He doesn't like the fact that some people had a bad taste in their mouth when discussing Ranae. She was the victim in all of this. Everybody on the outside had an opinion as if they knew what the hell went down between the two, if they did, they would think twice before slandering Ranae. This whole case been in the papers for months now, so not many folks should be clueless about the incidents leading up to his arrest.

Some just chose to stick beside Donald, and even to him it was a bit weird.

▇ ▇ ▇

"Looks like your having a baby girl." The doctor announced to Ranae with a warm smile.

"A girl!" She gasped in excitement but tried her hardest to give a genuine smile. She had a lot on her mind, the main thing being that Jarvis wasn't around to hear the good news with her. 

She was now four months into her pregnancy, and time was flying but it also seemed be going so slow.

"Oh my god! My first grand baby is gonna be a girl." Her mother cooed while waving her hands in the air, as if she was praising the lord.

Alicia squealed "Awww, I cant wait to treat her like my own."

She already had it in her head that she would be the baby's godmother, whether Ranae agreed or not. It was leaning more towards that anyway being how close the two became over the past year. They've always been close friends along with the other girls, but ever since Alicia started dating Demarcus, it's like they became more like sisters. She was the first to know that Ranae was pregnant, hell she was on the other side of the door when she took the test.

Out of the rest of the group, Alicia's been the main one keeping Ranae company, along with Monique. The rest of their friends tried to show as much support as they can, being that Jarvis was in a coma. They checked in or stopped by whenever they could. She still loved the rest of her girls though, and understood they still had to carry on with their lives and finish up with college.

Ranae was still in school herself, pregnant and all. So aside from Jarvis being in a coma, which already had her on edge, she was still trying her hardest to focus in school and have a healthy pregnancy.

Ever since the car crash that nearly claimed Jarvis' life, Ranae has sorta been out of it. Till this day she hasn't stepped foot inside the hospital room where he laid, and it was all because of his stubborn mother. She hasn't let her foot up yet and that pissed Ranae off even more. It was nothing she could do though, even when she drove to the hospital and begged to see him two days in a row. The nurses wouldn't allow it though.

Tanya made it seem as if Ranae was some threat to Jarvis, and that's the main reason nobody was showing any damn empathy at the hospital. She was beyond stress, and he's been on her mind every day since, hoping to hear some good news eventually.

Jonathan would call her here and there, but nothing seemed to be happening. Jarvis still hasn't made any movement, and Tanya still hasn't changed her mind about little Ranae.

"So how's everything going for you, mama? Nothing's stressing you our right? Cause that can be bad for the baby." The doctor told Ranae.

Ranae sighed heavily "Honestly doc, a lot is stressing me out."