ch 9- freedom?

~1 Year Later~

Yang Y/n's POV

It's a year later, and I'm turning eleven today. I hate being treated badly here. I have bruises covering me everywhere and I'm sort of skinny.

For about two years now, ever since that day when I saw the little town and the bridge, I've been playing my escape from this place. I knew that when I turn eleven, I could finally escape from here. I can't take it anymore.

I should've left a year ago, but I wanted to see what I can do or use to help me escape. I got my bag together and I placed it under my bed sheets. I heard a knock on my door and I quickly turned to look at it.

"Happy birthday." Hansol said smiling at home and handing me a small bag. "The guys and I got you something." He said. I grabbed it from his hands. "Thanks..." I opened it and saw a bear inside. I pulled it out and smiled a bit. "It's so cute. Thanks." I said as I placed it on my bed.

"No problem. When we found you alone by yourself, you had it with you. We thought maybe you'd like it for your birthday this year since the past two years we couldn't get you anything since we were saving up to clean the bear you have now." He said smiling at the bear then looking at me.

"Thanks, it's really cute." I said looking at him. He nodded and smiled. "Glad you like it. The guys and I are gonna go out for a bit like we usually do. There's a little cake in there for you." He said. I nodded and smiled. "Thanks." "No problem. Remember, don't leave or you'll be in big trouble." I nodded and sat on my bed.

About a few minutes later, I heard the door open, the car engine start, then the car pull out the driveway and drive away. I went to my door and opened it and looked around the house.

It was quiet. Empty. Everyone was gone. I went back into my room and put on a hoodie, sweats and got my backpack out from my bedsheets. I looked at the bear then stared at it for a second. I don't know why, but it looked familiar.

I shrugged it off and put the bag in my backpack then placed it on my back and went out the front door. I walked all the way around the house to make sure no one was there, then I ran as fast as I could deep into the woods like how I did when I followed that puppy in them.

I ran and ran until I saw the bridge a little bit closer to me. Off in the distance, I could see Hansol and his friends driving back to the house.

They were far, but they seemed really close. I ran faster and hid behind the bridge since I saw their car enter the woods where I had just ran from. When I saw their car drive off more in the distance, I started to run fast again until I reached the little town.

I ran inside the nearest place I could and that was a little gas station store. "Uhm, can I help you?" The lady at the front asked me. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Are you sure?" She asked, I nodded and walked to the back of the store. Every step I took, I kept looking back towards the door. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I had accidentally bumped into someone.