The class wasn't as exciting as they expected. Professor Quirrel would stumble on his words so much that nobody could understand him, the room reeked of garlic, and when the turban faced the twins their scars would flare up. Percy was suspicious of Quirrel, remembering the dream he had the first night at Hogwarts. His dreams had always warned him of something important, and he knew to trust them.

The twins found out that they could sit at any table during meals except for the end-of-year feast, and had gotten into the habit of sitting with Neville, Hermione and Draco at the Ravenclaw table. The group had been talking about the classes they've had and teachers. 

"So what do you guys have first today??" Hermione asked she cut into a waffle.

"Double Potions with the Slytherins." The Gryffindors groaned. The Slytherins were extremely rude and bigoted, and most of their classes were with them.

"Uncle Sev isn't THAT bad!!" Draco exclaimed. 

"He's your godfather, of course you wouldn't insult him. But Gryffindors and Slytherins in a classroom with extremely volatile potions under the keen eye of a professor with a grudge against Gryffindors for double the amount of time of a normal lesson?? That's a disaster in the making." Harry pointed out.

There was a pause in their discussion as the mail came. Owls swooped in and out of the Great Hall, dropping off packages and stealing food off of the reciever's plates. Percy nervously tapped his fingers against the table, trying to catch a glimpse of Athena.

She eventually came, purposefully being the last owl in. She dropped a letter off for each of the boys and gave them a hard peck before she scooped up their bacon in her talons and flew towards the owlery. Percy noticed that Hermione had a thoughtful look on her face at the owl, sending suspicious glances to the twins.

The boys opened up their letters and read eagerly. Harry got a letter from Hagrid asking if he wanted to have tea with him this afternoon, and Percy got a letter from his mother about the dream. He was a little disappointed that all she said about the matter was to keep an eye out and if he had another dream like it to write to her immediately, but the rest of the letter filled him with homesickness. She had even given Percy two packages of her blue cookies. He shook it off, gave a bag to Harry, and checked the time, before realizing that they had five minutes to get to the dungeons. Percy quickly got Neville and Harry up and the three ran to class. 

They quickly found seats and pulled out parchment and a quill, knowing not to take out their wands. As soon as their materials were out the professor swept throughout the door, his cloak billowing out dramatically. He strode up to the from of the classroom and started taking roll, sneering as he got to Harry's name.

"Ah yes, Harry Potter. Our new- celebrity." The Slytherins sniggered, but the twins paid no mind to them, keeping their eyes on the professor. 

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact arts of potion making. As there is little foolish wand-waving in here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with it's shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that flow through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." Snape had managed to enrapture the audience, including two highly ADHD kids sitting right at the front. Percy grinned internally, ready to show what his mother had taught him.