"Oh, nothing", I said nonchalantly, starint at my nails before grinning back at him, "I only just kicked Nishimura Riki where it hurt the most for your species!"

Chenle burste out laughing as we high-fived and our classmates are being weirded out to see us this cheerful. We laughed even louder when Ni-ki walked in with a glare on my way. His glare stared into my sould as he sat next to one of our classmates, Jo Woochan.

"I just heard that girl said she kicked you in the nuts!", I heard another friend of his, James, making me laugh with Chenle once again.

This entire thing was hilarious.

"Nah, she's lying. We all know how that girl have it out for me since April", Ni-ki grumpily replied, sitting in his desk so harshly, it nearly gave in. Poor chair.

"Oh yeah, then why are you so livid about it?", Chenle joined in their conversation with a small smirk on his face.

That was so sweet of him, to be with me in the face of a glaring devil.

Ni-ki opened his mouth to object but Woochan was faster in speaking than him, "Dude, I can't believe you have yourself kicked in the nuts this early!"

Ni-ki groaned and hit his friend on the arm, "Just shut up! Let me forget about it!"

"But it's so fu -", James was cut off by the bell ringing and Ni-ki let out a sigh of relief at the arrival of the teacher.

He gave me one last glare before the class started and I only gives him a wink in return.

This day might just get better for me. I can feel it to my bones.

The rest of the class was very easy considering that we only started yesterday. I could practically see Ni-ki being bored as he threw a lot of papers he crumpled into a ball at my way.

He better be thankful I'm busy taking down notes to fight back for now.

After the class ended, I was about to follow Chenle to the next when the teacher called for my name and I stopped by the door while everyone else cleared out.

It made my heart drop to see Ni-ki is standing with him by his desk as he gestured for me to come close.

"Ms. Park....", he trailed off, looking at Ni-ki then back to me, "Please stay for a second. I have something to say"

Why did he need me of all people? Have I done something wrong? I may not be the nicest student, but I sure don't cause any trouble. Except if Ni-ki was in that class.

Like right now. And yet, I knew I still did nothing wrong to warrant this attention.

Chenle gave me a pat on the back, "I'll reserve you a seat in the next subject", he told me then left the room.

The only people present here now were me, Ni-ki and the teacher who I didn't remeber the name. I started to grow anxious as I approached them slowly with caution.

I cannot be scared of the students, but the teacher held my future here.

"What now?", Ni-ki asked in a careless tone.

It was like he was happy but at the same time, annoyed to be here. I don't really know how to explain it, he's weird or unpredictable like that.

"Is it okay if you tutor Mr. Nishimura here, Ms. Park?", the teacher asked and the first thought in my mind was my life is about to get worse.

Why did I say my day is about to get better and better? Oh, it's lying to me from this morning.

So I shook my head in order for me to be in peace.

"Oh, is there a reason why?", he asked in confusion but I could see the desperation in his eyes.

It's like if I didn't accept, he would be the one to do it and I know if one adult doesn't like to do anything with a trouble like Ni-ki.

I understand, really. But why me?

"We aren't on the best -", I was cut off by Ni-ki as he slung arm over my shoulder.

"Yes, she can tutor me!", he blurted out with a grin, nudging my arm. He whispered in my ear, "If you said yes, I'll take you out on a date"

I glared at him, contemplating the choices to get out of this. Of course I hated Ni-ki, who gave him the idea that I would say yes on a date with him? I mean, it was the worse thing that could happen to me this year.

The teacher looked at us, mostly to me, waiting for an answer. After a few moments, I am ready to say a bit fat no, only that Ni-ki covered my mouth, "She said yes, of course. She is one of my bestest friend in this school"

"Alright! Then it's settled. Thank you so much, Ms. Park", he responded and gave me a bright smile.

He was clearly happy to be free of Ni-ki, I hadn't have the heart to remove it from his face as he even skipped on his way out of the classroom, looking like a little happy old man. He really is.

The second he was gone, I pushed Ni-ki away from me and glared at him while he only smirked, clearly amused at what he had put me into.

"See you in the afternoon, my tutor", he said, more than ready to dodge my upcoming fist.

God forbid, I wouldn't regret landing my hands on that infuriating face of his if I was given a chance.

Just wait for me to do it, Nishimura Riki!

next chapter

it was now truly starting

it was now truly starting...😉

don't forget to vote & comment!