Chapter 12

[Small note before you read on, I can and will start calling The Orange Leader 'Citrine' or something.]

-----------

The Green Leader returned to the Orange Leader's house with the supplies he needed. He hadn't expected Light Steve to wake up so soon.

The Orange Leader opens the door to let him in and he rushes back upstairs to the room Light was in.

"Well that was nice of him." He closes his door and walks back over to his couch.

"Yeah, sure."

A few minutes pass by and the Green Leader walks down the stairs. "Well.." Everyone turns to him.

"Is he alright?"

"He's.. delusional. He's barely responsive, but.. he should be alright?" He looks down. "I hope.."

The Orange Leader inhales sharply. "Well, you stay here if you want, make sure he's alright, and we can.. go outside for a little bit." He says. "Give you, and him, space. Maybe calm down as well."

The Green Leader nods. "Sure, you do that."

The Orange Leader motions for M and Happy to follow him, and they do. They walk around outside, and eventually stop at the memorial.

"It's a bit out of place now that he's back.." The Orange Leader mentions.

M crouches in front of the banner. "I disagree." He says. "It was built to remind everyone of all the good he had done, and for when he had disappeared." He turns towards the two Orange Steves, "We can ignore the fact that all anyone really ever did was shame him, but it's not out of place." He turns back to the memorial and looks up at the banner. "In fact, it stands to remind people that the good in their hearts can help them overcome anything."

Happy smiles, "That was.. weirdly poetic, actually."

The Orange Leader looks down. "I know.. that the way we, all of us.. the leaders.. handled that.. era.. wasn't the best.." He looks back up to the banner. "We just wanted what was best for our communities." He crosses his arms and looks at M, who looks back. "It.. was hard."

M stands up. "That gave you no right to disown your hero, but.." He sighs, "I do understand." He walks over to The Orange Leader. "While all of you went about that the wrong way, all you wanted was to protect your people, and yourselves."

Happy turns to Rainbow Steve's memorial as they speak, and walks over to it. He kneels in front of it and looks at the ground. "I think it's no worse than him betraying us.."

M and Citrine turn to him. Citrine nods in understanding. "I can.. sort of agree with that. He at least had a choice, Sabre did not."

M motions for them to leave, as they're getting unreasonably upset with themselves and each other. "Come on, let's go do something rather than sit here and sulk." The Orange Steves agree, and they head for Gerald's castle.

-----

Sabre runs up the small staircase and looks down. "He just jumped through the portal."

Time runs up the stairs and Sabre holds his arm out so he won't fall in. "He.. did. He did jump. Through the portal."

Cliff sighs. "We have to follow him don't we..?"