you're alive and as vibrant as the sun.

Start from the beginning

Not much older than Carl is. Blood's streaming at her head, cheek cut. Her dirty brown hair entangled over her eyes that shimmer in horror to the Alexandrian.

" Rick! Who is it? "

Michonne's voice breaks him out of the trance. He's glancing over to daryl and her, seeing as they revealed another young girl in a fit of tears, hands raised in mercy. He's in shock for a moment.
Rick just shakes his head, motions for them to tie that first girl up as he bent down to the one in front of him.
Something was familiar here. Too familiar.

" p..please..please don't kill me–– I..Im not..I'm not one of them– I..I mean I don't kill– I-i can't kill people..."

That broken voice..she was terrified. She knew, at this point, Rick could slaughter her easily, as well as her only friend. To which neither had a plight in what happened to the tragedy that was Jesus' death.

Rick's glaring down at her, not with malice, but frustrated confusion. He's not gonna waste time, but he's not gonna just kill her.

" relax..im not gonna kill you. Keep your hands up. I'm taking whatever weapons you got on you. You and your friend will be coming with us. Daryl, you got things to put over their heads? "
Rick spares him a glance over the shoulder, satisfied when receiving a nod, and was thrown one while michonne roughly put the other girls head to hide where they'd be going.

Rick sets his aside, patting the girl up and down for any other weapons she may be concealing for a surprise lunge later down on the ride if she's feeling vengeful. He's not taking chances. Not when it came to family. His sons. His daughter was at home. He wouldn't lose them easily.
It isn't until...his eyes lock on the girls belt, that holds what used to be her weapons before Rick took them right away, that..a banged up sad doll settled at the hip.

It seems the girl saw his eyes too. For she began to panic in hysterics.

" nonono please don't take that! It was..it was a gift from the start– my friend gave it to me before she left my camp! P-please––
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh god. Oh God.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Rick could feel every part of his intestines drop at the sight of the doll, despite the girls pleas, he's shaking almost at the hands, gently grabbing it to her dismay.
" where....where did you get this? "

" i-i told you! I was given that doll by a little girl when the world went to shit—.  Her family was.."

" leaving camp to find more of their family...right? "

" yes..yes! That's right! I-I haven't seen them in so long—I lost it for a little while before I found the doll again... "

The conversation whispered between a terrified girl and an emotional man..did raise concern to michonne and daryl. Both glancing to eachother on what to do next.

" take the girl to hilltop. Tell em Rick and I are on the way. " daryl concedes. Hand on her shoulder before both friends went different ways.

Daryl could feel the tension, feel like something was amiss as he watched michonne get the captured skin on her horse, and back to Rick with the other girl, who seemed injured, crying and gently speaking with Rick.

" Rick...? "

" Daryl...you're gonna wanna come over here. "

The girl couldn't understand, her eyes watering up again as the redneck made his appearance besides them now. She was stuck with them both. Her friend whisked off.
She's terrified. But..to a degree..confused.