Chapter 23: Petrified

Harry and Ron told us all about what happened down in the Slytherin common room, and let us know that the blonde twat is not the heir of Slytherin after all

Harry and Ron told us all about what happened down in the Slytherin common room, and let us know that the blonde twat is not the heir of Slytherin after all. Hmm. And just when I thought he was annoying enough to be. Hermione gave me the potions book to read and I gladly took it, reading the whole thing late one night. It was good ! I mean, yes, it was a little comforting, and it was quite horrific at times, but it was still a  really good read. I've handed it back to the library now, though.

****************************************************
I'm in the library, studying with the trio and the famous four. I kept on glancing at my brother. He keeps on looking around the room, picking up on the evil glares that people are sending his way. I try to tell him just to ignore it with my eyes, but he gets up.

"See you guys back in the common room." He says to Ron and Hermione. Then, he leaves the room. Immediately, whispers break out over the Hufflepuff table. I looked at them, so annoyed. So, I pick up my books and bag as I join them at their table. They fall silent straight away.

"Care to repeat to me what you've been saying about my brother ?" I say, so dangerously. Ernie slowly shakes his head.

"Good. So, that means that you shouldn't be saying it at all." I reply, continuing with my work. The Hufflepuffs stare at me for a bit, but then they do their work in silence.

"There's been another incident ! No one is safe, students and ghosts alike !" Peeves' voice suddenly fills the room. I glance at Beth and we collect our things, running towards where his voice is coming from. I'm shocked at what I see. Justin, a boy from Hufflepuff, is lying on the ground, clearly petrified. But here's the strange part, Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor ghost, is floating in midair, apparently petrified as well. To make matters worse, my brother is standing over them.

"Caught in the act !" Ernie yells. I give him a death glare and he falls silent. Filch and McGonagall arrived, taking in the scene.

"Professor, I swear, I didn't..." Harry starts, but McGonagall cuts him off.

"I'm afraid this is out of my hands, Potter." She says and beckons him to go with her. I smile grimly at Harry as he follows her to Dumbledore's office. It's either very bad, or very good. I just don't know which.

Whispers break out again and I just stand there and stare after Harry. Someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I look up at Theo as he smiles at me.

"Come on, don't worry about him. He'll be alright." He says. I sigh and nod, walking back with them to the common room.

Everyone is talking about what has just happened, but I'm just sitting on the couch, starring down at my hands, thinking about it. Harry couldn't have done that ! Could he ? I mean, he's not even in Slytherin ! And it wouldn't probably be someone really powerful... not saying that Harry isn't powerful, it's just that he's definitely not up to proper wizard's standards yet. Also, the chamber has been opened before. Which means that it would need to be someone related to Harry, who did so last time, if it is in fact my brother doing that. And it seems very unlikely that Mum or Dad would do such a thing. So, now, we're back to square one. Maybe not even square one. Maybe square 0.5... if that's even such a thing. Theo clicks his fingers in front of me. I snap out of my thoughts. My friends looked really worried.