Chapter 19: Crazy Lockhart

Ok, before I just thought Lockhart was full of himself, but now, I know that he is literally self obsessed

Ok, before I just thought Lockhart was full of himself, but now, I know that he is literally self obsessed. In our very first lesson, he gave us a "test", which was just answering questions about himself. For example, "what is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color ?" and "what is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest ambition in life ?" I just sat there, staring at the piece of paper for a while, and then glanced at Beth as I rolled my eyes. Of course, she knew the answers ! It seemed like Hermione did, too.

I looked behind me at Harry and Ron, and they shrugged at me. Then, I get an idea to make my answers morbid. I wrote down that Lockhart's favorite color is black, like his dark soul and that his greatest ambition is to rule over the world, causing terror with that hideous smile. I'm actually an excellent student, and quite smart in all courses. But with Lockhart's class, I know that they're going to be much more worse than Quirrell's. And trust me, that's saying something !

"Alright, everyone ! Time's up ! Please stop writing, so that I can collect your test papers !" Lockhart's stupid, annoying voice sounds from the front of the room as I just finished my test. Good. The papers were carried towards the front of the room.

"Right, let's see. Oh, Miss Granger and Miss Saunders ! You're only the two that remembered that lilac is my favorite color ! Well done ! In fact, you two have full marks ! Congratulations ! Take 10 points each !" He says. Ok, what ?! I mean, I'm happy that we got points, but Beth... I turn to her with a look of bewilderment and disgust.

"What ?!" She said, so indignantly. I stare.

"I'm just confused with the fact that you actually tried on that test ! I would have thought that you, out of everyone, would have just thought it stupid !" I say. Beth looks at me, so strangely.

"It's not stupid !" She says.

"Yes, you're quite right, Miss Saunders. It's not." said Lockhart, coming over to us. The whole class is watching us. Great.

"As for you, Miss Potter, it's clear to see that you think you're so much better than me, but I assure you that I am the more widely known one. As for your test, I don't particularly like you disrespecting me. You will join your brother in detention on Halloween, this Saturday evening with me." He says, smiling, and then, walking away. I groan and slump down in my seat. Great. Just what I wanted. To spend detention with Lockhart. On Halloween. Yay.

Lockhart continues to talk in front of the class, telling us about some dangerous creatures in a cage up front. I zone out, thinking that they're probably gentle or something and that he's overreacting. Just then, he opens the cage and lots of Cornish pixies fly out of it. Immediately, havoc breaks loose. The pixies fly in our hair, snatching up our books, and playing with our stuff. A big one has a hold of my hair. I dropped my wand and started wrestling with it, desperately trying to tug my hair back. Theo comes over to me with a book.

"Let go !" He yells over the noise.

"Are you stupid ?! If I let go, it'll rip my hair out !" I reply, yelling at him as well. He shakes his head.