Task Force: Tough Buisness¹

This is with all the task force expect for Misa and Light.

Words: 4032

———————————————————

Today was the day. You and the Task Force were going to have a business meeting with government officials. About the progress you have made on the Kira case.

Because of the fact that, the government was considering cutting funds from the police force to help aid this case. They needed to know if the money used on this was going to waste, or being used to help. Which didn't really make much sense to you, seeing as L practically made the task force from the ground up. With his own money, which he gets from his own job. But apparently there were also other uneven ends that needed to be smoothed out, between L and the government.

L was going to show his face, but he wouldn't be acting like himself. He would be an outside member of the police force, that has incredible detective abilities that L trusts dearly. It was risky, but L knew he had to be there in person, to better deduct their intentions. He said that government officials often wanted meetings like this as a distraction from the real thing they wanted. He claimed that if they actually said what they wanted, they knew, that he knew he would pull some strings, and not allow it to happen, or whatever.

The government is weird, and likes to play tricks on people, is the one thing you learned.

Anyways, he wanted everyone to join. Besides Light and Misa, because they were suspected of Kira, and the fact that they were both still technically citizens. So they weren't allowed to listen to, 'need to know' conversations, when they didn't 'need to know'. Misa didn't really care that much, seeing it as an excuse to not be around "Annoying old business men who don't care about anyone but themselves" and even though she wasn't wrong, it didn't make you feel any better that you would be sat at a table with all of them, for a couple hours. But at least you were getting food, and L didn't have to pay for it this time.

You and all the Task Force were expected to wear clothing that was "business related" and "not indecent"... so everyone was in suits and ties, besides you. You wore what you wanted, and didn't want to be super basic. Sure you might get in trouble, but did you care that much... no. Plus you knew L didn't care that much either, you knew he had the mentality that it was just fabric, so you didn't have to worry as much.

You put on your clothes, and got ready to present yourself. The clothing was comfortable, but also modestly showed your figure. It was a good combination, which made you stand out, but not to the point to put you on the spot.

Once you were done, you went to go wait in the lobby area to meet up with your other colleagues. You sat on the couch, and went on your phone, which was in your front pocket. You scrolled and tried to keep yourself busy, when you saw L come into the room.

"Hey." You spoke to him, continuing to look at your phone.

"Hey" He said back.

"Do you know when the others are going to be done?" You asked, starting to put your phone back in your pocket.

"No, I assume they're gonna be done in about ten minutes." He deduced "Matsuda will be done especially soon, and the rest will follow. Mr. Yagami will be second." He spoke mindlessly.

"I see you didn't change" You spoke laughing slightly.

L turned to you with a blank face. You couldn't help but laugh more at his reaction.

"And I see yo-" He stopped his sentence, looking at you up and down. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"You see that I... what?" You asked, smirking. Before he could respond, Matsuda walked towards you both.