L: Insufferable Intellence¹

Not shipping, this probably has angst, be warned.

This does not speak to the characters themselves, or relate to the likeness of them, I wrote this because of a "what if " thought.

Light isn't very nice in this, if you like Light you are free to skip this scenario.

Words: 3415

-----------------------------------------------------

Everyone always saw L as the greatest detective and rightfully so, he was.

Everyone in the task force had done something that was noteworthy in Ls book. They sacrificed something, did something.

However they did it, whatever they did, made L have more respect for the other members of the Task Force.

You looked up to L, his smarts could never be something you didn't want, crave, have. You wanted to be just as smart as him. You wanted to be able to impress him someway, somehow.

You wanted to be treated like the other task force members treated each other, but for whatever reason they didn't like you.

Maybe it was because you were slow, or you were clumsy, whatever the reason they always insulted you any chance they got.

Especially Light, almost always Light, almost only light.

Matsuda couldn't bully you like the others did, but that didn't give him any brownie points. Especially since he didn't stick up for you, at all.

It wasn't every day that they would bully you, but it was often enough that you had started to avoid them.

You didn't think that anyone would notice, that they would just forget you existed.

They noticed. Some felt bad. Others didn't.

You mostly stayed in your room and did all your work on your laptop, to send downstairs to L, so you would still be working. But apparently some people didn't realize you were still doing work.

L grew very suspicious the first day you didn't show, and instead insisted on worked from your laptop. You were almost always downstairs. Early in the morning, to late at night, working on the case.

L knew of your determination to catch Kira, and he admired it, especially when he became depressed after realizing that Light truly wasn't (at the moment) Kira.

To be honest, L thought you were one of the only people on the force who were taking this case seriously at the moment. He wanted you to be downstairs so he could hear all your theories, to compare them. But you would always make an excuse.

You helped him out of the mindset and helped him get the motivation to look for the current Kira. He was thankful for that, but you apparently didn't see it yet.

You wanted to be greater, you wanted to try harder, to do more work, and get better at your job. But it became an issue when Light started pushing it. Soon you weren't eating, and you were barely sleeping. Putting your entire soul into the case to try and prove the fact that you were worthy enough to stay on it. That you could work, and not be incompetent, that you were worth something.

One day you woke up later than you realized, after not sleeping for nearly a week. And rushed downstairs, getting ready along the way.

You were ready for Lights taunts and teasing but apparently, he wasn't ready for you.

You walked downstairs, out of breathe you heaved over, inhaling and exhaling for a couple seconds before you were able to talk.

"I'm sorry that I'm late, I accidentally slept in." You said out of breathe still.