Task Force: Default mode

A/N: I know that some people think 5:30 isn't early, but to me it is. Also has a bit of being rude to Light if you like him you are free to read but be cautious.

Words: 3411

———————————————————

It was 5:30 on a Saturday, a Saturday.

Why would he ask for me this early? Any other day I would get it but now? Today? This early? What could possibly be so important that it takes me out of my bed at 5:30

You were in bed, staring up at the ceiling, questioning your loyalty to L because of how early he sent Watari to get you.

Apparently because L never sleeps, he came upon a case-breaking discovery at 4 in the morning. Great you for you, and everyone else on the Task Force who actually tried to get some sleep and didn't have the curse of insomnia.

Can't his ingenious brain wait another 3 hours before I have to wake up my brain? He's the smartest detective in the world surely he can control at least some parts of his brain.

A couple minutes before you woke, Watari was sent into your room to wake you up. First, he knocked on the door and waited patiently for you to acknowledge his presence.

But after a couple minutes of silence, he knocked again. He was then giving a groan, coming from you from waking up so early.

"I know it is earlier that you would usually be awake, Y/N. But Ryusaki has requested the Task Force to meet with him to discuss his newest theories. Can you be ready in the next 15 minutes?" He asked.

You loved Watari, he was like a second father to you but did he really have to wake you up this early?

You didn't really answer him, you more so sighed and grumbled something that Watari couldn't hear and you weren't awake enough to remember.

Watari heard and walked away, assumed you were trying to get up and wake up a little bit more.

In reality though, you just moved to face up towards the ceiling on your bed.

You didn't want to get up.

By god you wished you didn't have to get up.

But, when L calls, L calls and he can get very annoying with it.

I'm not in the mood to get dressed.

You zoned out for about 10 of your 15 minutes, trying to decide if you really cared about possibly getting kicked off the team.

I do care...

You got up off your bed before looking at it.

I'm too tired to be cleaning anything right now.

You were sat up and had your head in your hands.

You were groggy, tired, and didn't want to deal with today.

So when you looked at your phone to see what time it was and saw it was time to go downstairs, you, in your onesie went downstairs.

Technically you weren't awake yet, and even if you were you wouldn't have cared that the task force see you in your favorite onesie so early in the morning. It was bound to happen, it just so happens today was the day.

You got up off your comfy, cozy, warm bed and grabbed your phone, walked to the door and let your brain be on autopilot.

You close the door once you left it and walked towards the elevator where you waited for it to come to your floor and pick you up. It took you a long time to finally register the fact that you needed to be awake and running, but even if you had realized it before you wouldn't have cared.