Chapter 2 - Horror

Nightmare POV:

I sat at my desk, contemplating what I should do. I had decided not to go spread negativity today, I should be fine for one day. Maybe that will help my predicament. I sipped some of my coffee up and wrote on some stupid paper work. I almost spat out my coffee as the prince came up beside me. The first thing I saw was the destroyed half of his face and it startled me.

"What." I growled towards him. He just shrugged. I sighed "You're wondering why I'm still here, aren't you?" The ghost nodded. "I need a change..." He saw the ghost glare "...and no. I'll keep reading with you." The ghost stopped glaring. He then looked embarrassed. I took another sip of my coffee and continued working. The ghost watched me. 'He has to be bored.' I thought 'It's better than him annoying me.'

~A Few Hours Later~

I was taking a break. I'd worked for awhile and needed a coffee. As I was waiting, I started to feel another rising source of negativity. It was coming from an au that was already pretty negative. I looked at the ghostly prince, who was still following me. He could feel it too.

"That isn't too unexpected, but that is a very strong source." I snickered. "I'm going to go check it out." I looked at the ghost. His good eye looking at me questioningly. "I don't need you making me seem more crazy than I already am. Stay here." I didn't bother to check if he listened, and I teleported away to the au with the rising negativity source.
Horrortale.

I arrived just outside the au's Snowdin. The source of the negativity was nearby. It had to be the two skeleton brothers of this au. I teleported up to a roof and heard their fight fight in the snow.

"YOU CAN'T JUST LOSE THE RATION!" I assumed that was the voice of the Papyrus. He was not happy.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't catch them. They were too fast!" The Sans replied. I peeked out at them. They were both children.

The Papyrus then slapped the Sans. 'Hmm.' That reminded me a bit of what went on in my ghost's life. Except, it wasn't his brother hitting him. The Sans had a hole in his head and the Papyrus had abnormally sharp teeth.

"DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU GET SOME FOOD!" The Papyrus then walked inside and slammed the door.

"From where?" The Sans quietly said, tears forming in his eyes. He then ran off, now crying. 'Hmm...' I thought, amused. 'Although, that does seem pretty sad. What am I thinking? I like the negativity!' I argued with myself. "I just need to leave him." I muttered to myself. I teleported home.

I arrived back at my empty castle. I was still arguing with myself.

'You have plenty of room.' One side argued

'But I don't want him here.' The other side argued.

At this point, I wanted to get my coffee and go back into my routine. I grabbed my now cold coffee and warmed it up. As I went on with my day, I kept on arguing with myself. And then I started feeling...bad for the Sans? That happened while I was reading with the prince. He waved his hand in front of me to get my attention.

"What?" I asked him. He pointed to a quote in the book. "Are you okay?!" Is what it read.

"Why do you care?" I said. He just tilted his head at me for a response. I told him what I witnessed earlier. He just stared one I was done. "Why did I even tell you?" I said, disappointed in myself. I walked off. I decided to try and work.