strange

books were lined up on shelves

books were lined up on shelves. students of the school were all around the library hallways to get the taste of these brand new books that came in today.

yeri stepped right in, completely ignored everyone else and approached the counter right away.

without even asking, she grabbed some strawberry caramels from the bowl and even tasted one right before the tall man turns around and notices her.

"how can i help you miss?" His voice was mellow as always, alarming everyone how generous of a true man he is.

Yeri have seen this man before as he was in charge of the school library but never got the chance to pay slight attention to him - not even once.

"i want to return this book..." she placed it on top without even a polite smile. straighforward as always. the man narrowed his eyebrow and grabbed it by its coved.

she attempted to turn around and go home but that same voice she heard a while ago didnt hesitate but interrupt her.

"um, Excuse me?"

slowly titling all the way around their eyes locked and finally her attention was on him for the first time.

"what?" she approached the counter once again with sleepy eyes trying to peek at the name tag on his jacker.

jeon wonwoo

"are you the one ripping the last pages out of all the books you've borrowed?" he put her on the spot.

"arent you the one keeping track of the students?" she crossed her arms trying to act like indeed she is not the one doing such thing. wonwoo opened the book she returend a while ago towards her, only to see the last two pages were gone.

"so what? They were just... white... nothing was on..." she tried to explain but wonwoo was still against it.

"thats not true... you ripped the last page of the chapter... it will be dissapointing for the next reader..." he explained.

"believe me... it was dissapointing with thosw two pages in... nothing too exciting happened anyway..."

"you cant do that, first of all... its school's property..." he fixed his glasses, trying not to sound to rude but also not to lenient. "Okay, i will apologize to the school later, are we done?" her rude hue on the voice let wonwoo speechless.

he didn't even answer.

the girl turned around and left the library.

____

next day:

"why is your bag always filled with origamis?" seokmin asked while taking a peek.

"can i have my bag back please?"

"sure..." the man helped her wear it on her shoulders as they stepped right out of the library.

"i need to borrow a book, be right back..." she patted her brother's shoulder and walked right in. wonwoo was behind the counter but didnt see her yet as he was busy.

the girl grabbed the book she wanted and approached the counter with that same old poker face on. She just threw it on top just to cause wonwoo to turn around.

"goodmorning, how can i help you?"

"i wanna borrow this book..." she said and the man take a closer look to its cover.

"all of it?"

"What?" she mostly asked herself. "well, i could always rip off the last page for you..."

"nah i can do it myself, can i take it now-" she was about to grab it but wonwoo had fast reflexes to grab it and place it behind the counter.

"I regret to inform you that we cherish our books here and we treat them with respect so you cant borrow anything from now on..." he announced with a polite smirk on.

"i... i am a really respectful person, i assure you..." she attempted to grab the book but wonwoo pushed it away.

"its too late to show it now..."

"come on... just give it to me..." she pouted, showing emotions even though everyone believed she was stone cold. that impressed wonwoo a little so he leaned on the counter, towards her.

"so, here's the deal... i'll give it to you but i want the entire thing when you bring it back, okay?"

"deal..." she nodded while staring at wonwoo bringing the book closer to her. now he placed it on her grip. she turned around ready to flee out but easily got interrupted. 

"yeri..." her name came out from wonwoo's mouth. she was not expecting this at all. slowly turning around their eyes locked.

"dont get me fired... i like this job..." he joked. the girl found herself giggling as she let go of a short nod.

♡♡♡

some days ago:

wonwoo happened to be passing by the bleachers after school ends to find a mysterious girl sitting there, too focused on the book.

he was surprised by how concentrated she was thinking, that just a guy was severely traumatized by a soccer ball landing on his nose.

loud cries and screams were all over the air but she didnt even peek, almost like she was unable to hear.

wonwoo narrowed his eyebrows.

he was quite intrigued by what she was reading, taken the fact he works in the library. he noticed her before but this time was different. 

one more thing that grabbed his attention was her ripping a page out of the blue and starting to play with it.

wonwoo smiled a little confused by this whole situation. like that he decided to keep on walking and leave this all behind.

she is strange.