Once the light made contact with your body, you took a hearty and forceful gasp of air, your lungs inflating so much you were sure they would explode. The weight you'd been carrying was lifted off your shoulders as a result, and you were finally able to move your body.

"So, (Y/N), like I said: you aren't dead." Circe began to explain as she absentmindedly manifested miniature pig statues from the palm of her hand. "You'd be relieved to hear that."

"O-Of course I am—" you breathlessly sputtered out, "But where are we? Why do you look so different?"

"Ooh, you like how I really look, don't you?" Circe even behaved far differently than how you'd known her previously. "Heh, well, if you insist on knowing...we're in your heart! You're very, very unconscious right now."

"In my heart?" you repeated, the words not quite registering.

"Mhm," she hummed, the miniature pig statue pile growing behind her, "your heart, your soul, your psyche, your subconscious, your id...whatever you wanna call it, but you get the point! While this is where I've dwelled within you, it's also where your desires are held."

"How am I in here?" was all you could think to ask.

Circe was silent for a moment. "If I had to guess, it's because you're about to die."

Your blood ran cold. A moment ago, you had made your peace with dying. But then Circe appeared, breathed life back into you, only to snatch it away again...

"Haha. Just kidding!"

You wanted to slap her for that cruel joke, but she'd probably turn one of those pig statues into an angry bear, or a wolf, or a lion and have it go after you.

"In truth, you've always been in here with me. This is your heart after all. It only makes sense. But for whatever reason, until now, you've never moved an inch or thought a single thought. Not even a little finger twitch. It was like you were dead."

Circe continued on. "If I had to wager, you'll come to soon enough. And when you do...I hope you find him."

His name didn't even have to be said.

"Is he okay?" you immediately asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I dunno; I live here, and since the Metaverse was so weak, I couldn't see through your body's eyes like before. He was fine while you were falling, so I don't see why he wouldn't be fine now."

Dissatisfied with the ambiguity of that answer, you slowly nodded. "I suppose you're right."

"It's so nice to have you to talk to, though! I've always enjoyed speaking with you in my Persona form. I never thought I'd actually get to speak with you as my true self." Circe actually seemed sincere about this.

Your body relaxed a bit at Circe's calmer demeanor. She was more hectic and mischievous within your heart, but she was still a welcoming spirit. You were compelled to stay by her side for just a moment longer—if only to keep her company. "Thank you for being so patient with me, Circe. Being bound to a soul as indecisive as mine, it must have been so frustrating."

"Oh, well—to be quite frank, yes! It was frustrating. So incredibly frustrating!" her tone was whimsical, carefree. "But your growth was astonishing. You really stood your ground when it counted—when you really needed to. Just like I did, thousands and thousands of years ago."

"I find that hard to believe." you answer honestly. "You're always so sure of yourself. And when you guided me, you never faltered or hesitated."

"Do you think I was always like that, my child?" Circe paused, letting out a contented sigh as she leaned her body toward yours. She took your hands into hers, gripping them firmly, her eyes having not an ounce of reluctance in them. "Listen—I've had millennia to live, and I'll have millennia more to live. In all that time, it's only natural I'd gain some wisdom. But you?" her eyebrows furrowed before she continued. "You only have so much time to learn who you are, what your limits are, and how exactly you can push yourself beyond those limits in a healthy way...and, you know, for 20-something, I'd say you have a pretty good head on your shoulders."