Chapter 5: Fate and Faith

Start from the beginning

Our table started clapping slowly, unsure how to react. Theodore was the one, animating everyone to clap.

"He almost surpassed Draco's 1,09 seconds sorting record." Enzo joked and I was on the floor. This guy never fails to make me laugh.

"I'm telling you. That guy's a bad ass." Pansy said, not letting Mattheo out of her sight.

He sat down at the beginning of the table and I couldn't help it but to look over. I noticed a few light scars on his face. One went right through his eyebrow. As if he felt my gaze, his head turned in my direction. Our eyes locked and he send me a confused look, before shifting his attention towards Theodore.

I turned away as well to listen to Dumbledore and his lecture about the forbidden forest. After he finished his speech, the food appeared on the table.

"Finally. I thought he'd never stop talking." Pansy said relieved and filled her plate.

"Keep in mind that he can kick your ass out of here any minute" Daphne reminded her and Pansy scoffed.

"We won't let that happen pan'." I winked at her while putting some mashed potatoes on my plate. The food is to die for at Hogwarts.

"Anyways." Daphne giggled and held up her glass: „I'm glad to be here with you all."

Everyone agreed and took a sip from their glass. The hall was filled with chatter and laughter. I'm glad to be here too.

◅▫▻

After dinner we made our way out of the Great Hall to the Slytherin common room. The corridors were dimly lit and when we arrived in the dungeons, you could feel the temperature difference.

"Pureblood." Daphne said in front of the door to our common room.

Every house has their own common room and own password. I've been in every common room at least once and to be honest, I like ours the most.

"Well that's ironic." Enzo joked and looked at me, since I'm not a pureblood. 

"I guess you need to stay out here." he added and raised his eyebrows at my annoyed face. Enzo likes to joke about the whole pureblood thing since fifth year.

"Oh shut up." I boxed his arm and pushed myself into the common room.

The light in the room was tinted green from the water in front of the windows, at the end of the room. Since our common room was in the dungeons we were under the surface of the black lake. The fire was crackling and a few students were sitting around the tables or on the black leather couches in front of the fire place. 

We walked down the steps at the entrance and Daphne stopped in her tracks when someone knocked at the common room door.

"Hello, gorgeous!" Fred said when I opened the door slowly.

Fred and George were leaning onto the door frame, smiling from one ear to the other. "We just wanted to come by because of the welcome party tonight." George stated and I nodded.

Every school year the twins throw a welcome party and everyone is invited. Last year was my favourite so far. Except for the fact that Enzo drank so much, Daphne and I had to carry him to his dorm.

"Are you coming?" Fred asked and I turned to look at Daphne, unsure if she was down.

"Of course! We're going to be there!" Daphne answered and put her arm around my shoulder.

"Gryffindor common room, 8 PM." Fred said with a wink and the two turned around to leave.

Daphne was jumping up and down in excitement and I laughed at her energy.