"Where's Rei and Dongpyo anyway? I know they're a higher grade but...", I trailed off as I looked at the cafeteria doors.

Son Dongpyo walked into the room with his co-members in the newspaper club also known as Jungwon and Sunoo. He hadn't even glanced our way even if I waved from our table.

"Oh goodness, I swear with all the salt in me if he ditched us for those two...", I muttered with a groan.

"Rei said she's going to eat lunch with Liz out of school", Chenle informed me after receiving a message from his phone.

At this news, I stood up and walked to Dongpyo with an offended look etched on my face.

"Son Dongpyo!", I exclaimed dramatically, "Are you neglecting us now for some new friends? I'm hurt!"

He reluctantly looked around the room and saw that quite a few heads were looking our way, "I know I kind of ditched you and Chenle, but we were just talking about the new plans this year for the newspaper and I thought -"

"Are you bored of me now?", I cut him off with a question, wiping a fake tear.

"No! Of course not -", I covered his mouth instantly and gestured to where Sunoo and Jungwon were laughing about my show of love for him.

"It's okay! I expect you to be with us after school... Bye now! I love you!", I proclaimed as I patted his shoulder.

I turned around and went back to my table. Dongpyo looked embarassed as ever and the two boys with him seemed to be quite amused of what I pulled.

They walked to the table where I was soon skittering back to Chenle after seeing Ni-ki had been watching the whole caramederie with an unreadable expression.

Way to go, Park Minji!

I sighed in exasperation, "When will this karma of mine would end?"

Chenle nodded with a chuckle, "By the time you admit you may have a little crush on that soccer player"

"Ha ha! Never mind what you said, I only heard nothing!", I responded with a small fake laugh.

I took my spoon and started to eat, which was currently the thing I was desiring to do other than to my eyes wandered to where Dongpyo is sitting and I scoffed.

"How much do you bet Pyo is now unnerved by that boy's presence?", I asked and grumpily bite on my chicken.

"A lot", Chenle chirped, quietly eating his rice.

Or is it devouring? Life is so confusing. Either way, he bites on his chicken pieces like there's no tommorow. I'd hate to be that chicken's soul.

Soon, lunch ended and we have our last period, which unfortunately have Ni-ki in it. I stopped by the door to see him mockingly waved at me as the last vacant seat happens to be next to him.

Why is he in all of my classes? How is he in my classes? Does he have a brain like I did not expect him to have?

You know what? Screw it, let's have the mindset to mind your business and do not look at him, Park Minji!

I plopped down in the seat he offered and pouted because Chenle have to be on the front seat instead of beside me. I then realized how sad my life must be - I don't have any friends here other than him.

"Park Minji?", the male teacher called out and I turned my head sharply to the front.

"Still alive here!", I informed the man with a peace sign in the air.

He gave me a judgemental look and continued to roll call. We were also doing a pop quiz, a review on what we know about his subject from last year.

The teacher made us passed the quiz papers to our seatmate, and in turn, I was forced to hand one to Ni-ki who made me hate the way his uniform fitted him so right, it was basically an insult to the other boys in this class.

I hate a lot of things, don't judge me, I'm petty I know!

I heard a laugh boom from his desk, "First day and we already got this shit!"

I didn't even have to look up to tell how every classmates of ours were shock at his shameless actions. He was literally the only one in this school would not be scared of detention.

"Just admit you didn't know to answer it and be done with this class", I remarked with a smug face.

Everyone didn't know how to react as I roasted him and toasted his ego like a marshmallow.

"Oh trust me, I'm not as dumb as you think I am", he replied, a cynical tone lacing his voice.

"Let's hope you can eat your words until the end of the year. I won't be surprised if you were pulled out because of detent -"

"You're on thin ice, Minji", he informed me with his narrowed eyes then look back down on the paper.

I resisted the urge to have a smack down with this annoying boy by clenching my fist. If the teacher wasn't looking at me, daring me to say anything, I would open my mouth, but I nodded to him and turned back on my quiz paper.

Then just as I look at the possible answers, my head snapped up as I realized something.

I had been so slow!

"You finally know my name!", I screamed out and once again, the teacher's eyes were blazing on us.

Ni-ki chuckled, "It's hard not ask for your name when you puked on me that night"

I glared daggers at the boy and poked him right on the nose, "Don't remind me! Now what did you do to me in my room?"

The class were then suddenly appalled by what I said and they were quickly forgetting about the quiz as they murmured to one another.

"I didn't do anything. It was all about you crying in your sleep", he smirked conceitedly as my face drops.

It could only mean one thing for me.

I only had ever cried about my family in my sleep and now he knows. He may even have heard the way I call sometimes to them to return.

"You better shut your mouth about it", I threaten before apologizing to the teacher and turn away from him, refusing to acknowledge him in the entire period.

I shook my head in disappointment about myself. The last thing I wanted for him to know about me is my weakness.

Goodbye world. I won't miss you in my next dream.

⚊ next chapter

last update 2day - but can i ask how many of you are reading this?

raise your hand up! 🙌 & vote, of course!