III. ❈❈❈❈❈

"The sewers are broken!"

"The heck?! There's a cockroach under the sink!"

"This house is too old, it must've been prone to termites."

***

This is crazy. After the client came to check on our house this early in the morning, Rubini and Red started acting weird. I get what they're trying to do, though. They must've thought of trying to creep the client out so that she would back down from buying this real estate, yet... are those two really helping me or half-assed insulting this house? "I thought you'll just stay and not help..."

"That's what we plan to do, but..." Red started inhaling and exhaling first before shifting his eyes to look behind me, making me look back. An 'o' started forming on my lips as I realized what he meant. "We somewhat change our minds because of that bossy bitch aunt of yours." He bit his lower lip.

Rubini then gasped, suddenly appearing in front of us. "God... the Donovan's gives me chills. First, that crazy Lady Fidesse. Second, your manipulative mom, Lady Lucille... and now-"

"What the fuck are y'all been doing? Hey, Vincent! Why are these maids so lazy? Go clean the cupboards!"

Oh, I almost forgot about the second daughter of my grandmother, aunt Vaness. She's in fact one of the infamous real estate broker in this country, that's probably the main reason why she's standing here with us.

"How many times would I have to tell you that we're not maids?!" Red yelled, sensing some weird kind of déjà vu. "We came here as a guest. Don't order us around!"

"They were right, auntie. It is very disrespectful to act so bossy around our guest-" I was then cut off from my sentence as her fingers stopped me from saying another word.

"Blah, Blah, Blah! Don't wanna hear your nagging! I'mma roll!" Our jaw dropped instantly when she just... left? "Clean the house you asses, I'll be back later."

"You demon! What about the client?!" Rubini shouted while grabbing her forehead, still dumbfounded. My aunt only waved her hand and ignored us. "Oh my god. I'm utterly speechless."

I shook my head. "Me, too."

On the other hand, the client was calmly sitting on a chair at the porch. I stood there in amusement as I watch her drink some tea, minding her own business.

"You have such a great taste for choosing this location, ma'am." I smiled at the lady and sat opposite to her side. Judging by her looks, she's probably around in her 50s now. "Sorry for the mess. We were still quite in shock about hearing the news yesterday, so we didn't have the time to clean this house." I explained, yet she just ignored me, not even bothering to peek. "May I know your reason why you chose to buy this house?" This time, our eyes met.

"I like the view in this place. Here in the terraces, the temperature is nothing like in the capital. It brings back memories..." For a moment, a smile rose naturally at the corner of my lips. This is the first time that I have ever relate to someone. "In the end, no matter how much money I earned, and how much higher my position has become... at the end of the day, I'd still go home and rest. And it doesn't have to be so fancy, or huge. A simple house is enough for a simple person like me..." She sighed and took another sip. "Nothing beats a place you could call home, don't you agree?"

My eyes were filled in astonishment as I nod. "You're right. I'm glad you think that way."

I'm very aware that I already told myself that I won't give up on this house no matter what they say. I want to continue living here for the rest of my life, and make so many memories in this house. And even though I know I said such thing, however, what can I do?

This is the end of the line for me... No. Before that, there's still one thing only I could do.

"I promised someone that I won't give up just yet..." I'm still against the idea of selling this house, though I'm a little relieved. "But I guess I can finally rest assured... now that I know they're in the right hands." The lady was left in confusion as I hurried and went back inside.

I won't give up on my promise... even if it means letting go of this house.

My grandmother, she chose to live inside this old yet peaceful house over her wealth. I wanted to do the same thing. But... after talking to that lady made me realize that what I'm trying to do is to torment myself, and I would never be at peace as long as I won't let go.

In that house, all what's left for me is a heavy feeling of melancholy. Perhaps, it won't change the hatred, trauma, and loss that I've felt.

And as long as I live in that house, I will only get eaten by my emotions.

"Vin... What are you doing?"

"I've known grandma for years... and if she wants to say something she can't properly tell to someone, she'd write it." I said, looking for something underneath the bed and table. I even checked the bookshelves and the attic. "The only thing I could do right now... is to change the way they think for their mother." I muttered as I search carefully.

And as the day ended, we never find anything inside her room.

"Damn... This painting is a scam." Rubini growled as we glanced at that painting for the millionth time.

The client already went back to the city a few hours ago, whereas both my mom and aunt Vaness decided to stay here for the last time. Right now, we're making dinner for all of us.

"I'm scared... just by thinking that I'll be in the same room as those three creeps me out." Red hugged his shoulders from the thought.

I chuckled. "They're not that scary."

"To you, but what about us?!" I laughed even more when they both yelled.

Meanwhile, those three sisters sat together inside the dining room and the atmosphere around there was awkward as hell.

"Our dinner for tonight is turkey, pork stew, and grandma's special menudo." I fake a cough the moment I placed the food on the table and sat beside Red and Rubini, opposite to my mom's side.

FYI, I'm still mad at them.

"T-Thank you for the food!" Red stuttered before grabbing the rice.

It's really awkward that we're all present in this dinner, although the tension is killing me.

"Why are y'all so quiet? Did you get into a fight or something?" Despite aunt Vaness questioning all of us, I didn't answer and continued eating.

"You're still sulking?"

I wanted to ignore that question, but I just couldn't. "When did I ever stop?" I then took my plate and left the dining table.

It's probably for the best that I should leave that room, 'cause there's no telling how I might just explode and throw curses at them, just like what I did yesterday.

Once again, I stared at the sacred painting of Madame Cella's three gorgeous daughters' in the living room. At that time, I removed it from the wall since we're about to dispose them anyway.

Behind that painting... I discovered something unusual.

And I hid it inside my room before someone else could notice them, making me grin. "Found it."

To be continued...