III. ❈❈❈❈

"What could you have possibly gained from doing all of these, mother?"

It's been a while since I last saw that face, makes me want to puke.

"I have plenty of things to gain. More than you could ever think of, darling." She scoffed a bitter laugh, lips pursing. "And if I were you, I wouldn't resist. The owner of this house no longer lived to begin with, and we should dispose any remains of her in this world... right?" Rubini, Red, and I froze on the spot the moment she mouthed those words.

I couldn't believe her. This was far beyond hatred. "It hasn't even been ten days since the day of her death, how could you be so disrespectful to your own mother?!"

"Well, I don't consider her as any part of my family. Not even me, your father, and your aunts.... So Vincent, before you regret having any reckless decisions, just do as I say!" She shouted while smacking the edge of the coffee table beside her, which startled me.

Unfortunately, I can't give this house up yet. This is mine, I want to make it mine. I want to continue living here 'til the day I fucking die. "What about aunt Fidesse?"

My mother raised a brow. "What about her?"

"Where would she live now that you're trying to dispose of this house?" I may not know more about that old hag, but I sincerely cared for her, even though she's quite troublesome sometimes.

"Oh, well, don't worry about her. Fidesse has her own villa in Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn. She could move to New York whenever she wants, she bought it herself after all..." My eyes widened even more from the sudden information that I just heard.

I've always known that aunt Fidesse acts as if she's some part of royalty, and I never expected that she's actually self-employed. I thought she's just like those crazy freaks on the streets who're unemployed that doesn't possess any job skills, like a free rider.

"Unbelievable..." My knees started to tremble as I hold onto the door frame to grab some strength.

This can't be happening to me. How could my only will to live be taken away this easily? I've never felt so powerless before...

"I have to go. I still have some business with my other clients. While I'm gone, clean the house and don't make any trouble for the next two days." She then reminded me as she stood from her seat and walked past me.

It confuses me how everything felt rushed and unjustified... but, "Why?"

I saw her smirk at me, halting from making out of her way through the corridor. "There's already someone whose interested on buying this house. They'll come here tomorrow to check on the house's status and location. Be prepared until then." Her words sent shivers down my spine, eyes shows intimidation. And in someway, I'm almost impressed of how a great manipulator she is. Subconsciously, though, her gaze landed upon Red and Rubini. "Oh. As for our guest, I'm terribly sorry for seeing us fought like this. If you have any concerns, feel free to call me." Talking as if nothing happened while giving them her business card, we all knew she's a faker.

"We totally understand, Ma'am." Red complied while grabbing his sister's shoulder. "Sorry for overhearing your argument." They both apologized, though she just shrugged the two off and told them it was 'fine' before she left, leaving me paralyzed. "Wow... she was nothing like the girl we saw on that painting. What's wrong with those sisters anyway?"

"I've been asking the same myself, too." Rubini agreed, still shocked to even comprehend what she just witnessed. "Vin... what are you going to do now?"