I knew he would try to talk to me to see if there's something wrong because it worked every time.

As predicted after Sunghoon calls for a break, he finally turned and spoke, "I didn't know the ex-student council president is one to party"

I simply furrowed my brows at the reminder, "I'm still a human, I knew how to have some fun"

"Does your cousin knows you're here?", he asked. I peered over his shoulder to see Sunghoon is too busy dumping a mixed-up alcohol down the water to notice me.

I tipped my almost empty beer towards Jungwon, "You? Why are you here? The last time I talked to you, you said you're not one to drink"

"I'm here to have fun with my friends", he said as a matter of fact and I formed my mouth into 'O' shape.

He stared in silence. The lapping waves made much more aware of my current mental state - tipsy. My aunt would find me vomiting in the bathroom by the time she came from work.

I couldn't tell what Jungwon is getting at, or if he wanted me to speak. He scanned the beach while I rocked back and fort in my heels, finishing my drink.

"So bloody girl, I heard you had another encounter with our Ni-ki?"

"For the record, it's his fault", I corrected.

"Wow, I would've never guessed", he shows his pretty teeth, looking like a cat, "What made you come to this party? Him?"

I pretend to choke at his meaning as he laughed, "I'm here to forget"

"To forget huh? To forget about the ball in your face or about what you did to him after?"

I snorted at the irony, "He deserves it for not saying a single apology", I said sarcastically, neglecting to mentioned that Ni-ki did.

He did after I give him a bloody nose in return.

The memory of it caused me to look at Ni-ki. The girl he might like is now on Heeseung's lap at their own small fire and he looked upset of the two. My expression contorted into a disgust.

Why am I even watching his own dilemmas?

I tossed my bottle into the trash can, which was a few feet away from us. It fell into the can with a clank and Jungwon gaped, "Oh shit, you've got a good throw. You should be my partner at our beach ball game"

Nervous laughter poured out of me, "I don't pla -"

"She would be honored to", Dongpyo placed his hands on my shoulders, squeezing, "You can get closer to him this way", he whispered, "Here's your felix felicis"

Felix felicis. In regards to my love for Harry Potter, the liquid luck.

He placed a red solo cup, brimming with alcohol in my hand. I tried casting a deadpan look at him, but a smile was forming in my face.

Is he my wingman now? Not that I'm serious about Yang Jungwon. I just find him cute. That's it.

Jungwon held his hand out. An inviting grin danced on his lips.

I looked at his palm, then give in. He guided me towards the spot they managed to get for themselves alone where his friends are looking up at our arrival.

For one, Sunhee is giving me a smile as I caught her eyes. She really is cute, I can't blame that annoying boy if he likes her.

"We're totally going to win this", Jungwon said as we approached, "Let me see if they were ready for another round"

He left my side, walking to where Kim Sunoo sat at a plastic chair and working to ignite the fire some more. Jungwon leaned in, whisperimg. I observed as the guy looked in my direction, and then nodded.

An awkward feeling bubbled inside of me, I remembered this one was dying out of laughters after the pool incident.

Jungwon returned, "We just have to wait for the others who'd like to join"

I was sub par at playing any sport games, so I don't know why the hell he even asked me. However despite of my short comings, I'm good at hand coordination and could fake it to be good in this beach volleyball.

"We need a team name", he rested a hand on my shoulder.

I resisted the laugh to come out at what he said, "Is that even a thing?"

"How about...", Jungwon paused, staring down at me, "...we named ourselved the nose busters?"

I knew I would regret this decision to play with him.

"Oh fuck no", he suddenly swore after looking behind me, "We're up against that boy"

My eyes followed his gaze to the ones walking up to us. I blinked at the sight of the familiar annoying face, you've got to be kidding me, I thought and prayed I would be safe for tonight.

Ni-ki didn't seem remotely interested on who he was up against.

He just wore the biggest smirk on his face upon seeing me. Smooth, Minji, very smooth.

Despite of him not saying anything, he could always command the attention of the others.

I hated the way it made my stomach quiver to see him this close.

next chapter

please vote & comment!