Chapter 32

okay so PLEASE READ the notes for this one

CONTENT WARNING for medical bullshit that I'm blaming on omegaverse, and I'll put some other warnings in the end notes.
If you guys like to be trigger warned, go check those first before reading. PLEASE.

Those of you who like to live dangerously: I hope you enjoy lol

______________________________________________________________________

Seeing the blood between his legs, Xie Lian managed to look up with the intention to call for Hua Cheng, but he saw that his alpha was already ahead of him. It was truly remarkable how nothing ever escaped his notice, Xie Lian thought and winced when his abdominal pain intensified even more. He tried to ignore the rising panic inside him and focused on Hua Cheng.

"Ruoye. Go back home, now. Yin Yu will put you to bed, it's already late", Hua Cheng said, crouching down in front of their daughter so she couldn't see the state Xie Lian was currently in.

"But I need to tell daddy-"

"You can tell him tomorrow. Go."

"But-"

Hua Cheng didn't say anything to interrupt her this time, but Xie Lian knew how well he could put people in their place with just one look. He'd seen the look used on guards and members of the court often enough to know that it would certainly manage to crush Ruoye's defiance rather quickly as well.

"Bye daddy!", Xie Lian heard Ruoye call to him.

Sadly, he was in too much pain to answer her, and only an anguished sound managed to make it past his lips.

Hua Cheng was with him in an instant, reeking of worry, and just picked Xie Lian up, carrying him back to the infirmary as fast as he possibly could while still being extremely careful in handling Xie Lian.

However, now that Ruoye had left, Xie Lian allowed himself to panic.

He hadn't bled once down there during his first pregnancy, so he knew it couldn't be normal. Heck, the severe pain he was feeling was hint enough that something was indeed very wrong, and he couldn't help but be scared of his baby's condition.

It was true that this one gave him a bit more trouble than Ruoye had done, but it was still his baby! It wasn't his baby's fault that its kicks weren't as strong as Ruoye's or that it should've been impossible to conceive it in the first place! It was there because of his and Hua Cheng's actions, and it shouldn't be blamed for the difficulties it brought with it! He definitely didn't want anything bad to happen to it! In fact, Xie Lian was sure he'd lose his mind if something had gone wrong bad enough to hurt his baby. He didn't even want to think about the possibility.

Shi QingXuan's panicked look he got the moment he saw them didn't help matters, either. But at this point, Xie Lian was in so much pain that he could barely even see properly. It felt like proper contractions had started on top of the pain that had appeared with the blood. It was a bit too much to handle.

There were only two things he was still clear in his head about at this moment.

One, he desperately wanted his baby to be alright.

And two, he needed his alpha to stay close to him at all costs. In fact, he couldn't even bring himself to let go of him, even when he was being laid down in bed. He'd pulled Hua Cheng with him, and he didn't care if it was inconvenient for anyone. He needed his mate. And from the way Hua Cheng kept holding him, he was convinced that his mate understood his needs perfectly well.