Chicken Wings |55|

Start from the beginning

The princess tapped a few buttons on her wrist device and a compartment in the wall in front of them popped out a display of a red suit with bright blue garments. It was made of Vibranium thread, Peter noticed as he took a step forward. And the web shooters had probably a thousand different varieties.

"She put so much faith in something that hurt her so much," he mumbled.

Kate shrugged, "we all do that for a bit of hope."

"Any hope is better than none at all," MJ quoted Y/n while reading her book. "What a loser...I miss her already."

Harley tapped a screw driver on the bench next to him, "what now? What do we do? I'm tired of sitting around and doing nothing."

"Yeah, growing a baby is nothing," MJ chimed in with a slight annoyance.

"I don't mean you," Harley tried to cover up, batting a hand toward her. "I mean, the Faceless are still out there--right?"

Shuri shook her head sadly, looking at Harley. "There is no definite way for us to know. How can you defeat something with never ending variants of itself?"

Kate shrugged, deep in thought staring at the ground, "become all knowing and wipe them out one by one."

Peter rolled his eyes, "now you're thinking like a villain. No--you use the infinity stones. Right? That's what they're there for?"

"They weren't meant to ever be in human reach," Shuri countered. "And the amount of radiation would kill a normal person."

"I'm not a normal person," Peter put out there in a childish grumble.

Harley rolled his eyes, "we don't have them all anyway. MJ, any solutions?"

MJ sighed, placing down her book, "sometimes being the villain but with morals is the only way. Look at Strange--what makes him different than any villain? Morals have aesthetic principles, alright. He uses the stone for the greater good but a villain vouches that they do the same thing. What makes their motives different if it's not that one is bad and one is good?"

"Wow, she went full Socrates on us," Kate deadpanned.

"You know who that is?" Harley questioned, his eyes squinting at her.

"Everyone knows who Socrates is."

"So you're saying that neither is in the hand of us?" Shuri asked MJ meaningfully.

MJ shrugged, "I'm not saying I'm not saying that. We use the stones for good but we don't have them anyway so it doesn't matter."

"Let's say we did have them," Kate started her hypothetical, "what would be the plan?"

"We'd let the strongest of us stop them using the stones."

"And what would be saying that that isn't wrong?" Harley questioned.

"Well the Faceless just want everyone to be equal right? That's their main goal--their just twisted and going about things wrong," Kate brought up wisely. "We could fix that on this Earth. Let's just stick to our own universe for now. Let the others figure their shit out. What about the President? Sharon? She could finish her plan. Didn't she say she wanted to fix the rape problem and women equality rights first?"

"I've been working with her lately, yes. She has a great plan but I'm afraid that fixing the world wouldn't be quick enough for people who want to destroy it to get what the want," Shuri said.

"Rome wasn't built in a day," Peter started with slight defeat.

"But it burned in one," MJ finished.