Chapter Five: Thunderstruck

Start from the beginning

Louis nodded disoriented.

"Thanks, Ni."

Niall continued. "How exactly do you plan on carrying out your little 'murder fiasco' may I ask?" he made air quotes with his left hand as he didn't take his eyes away from his paper.

Louis blew air past his lips, finally blinking, repeatedly, for good measure. "I have it all planned out actually." Niall chuckled.

"Ooo, pray tell!"

That made Louis' lip quirk upwards, just barely though.

"I was just thinking about sneaking into his room in the middle of the night and bringing a basket with me filled with cobras or something and like, dumping them all over his bed. Obviously I would be wearing all black and I would only be wearing socks to not make noise— thought that out, and I would make sure his roommate isn't in the dorm so he doesn't die too, you know, so it's only him, and like, yeah, that's my plan."

Niall hummed.

"I like the plan, it's bold, it's fresh, it's new." He swivelled around on his chair and gave Louis a swift smile. "I think you can pull it off to be fair."

Louis got up on his forearms and threw a questioning smile at Niall with disdainfully furrowed eyebrows. "Thanks, innit right?"

Niall gave him a thumbs up. "Totally."

"I might just go through with it to be honest."

"You do you man."

Louis hummed and rested back on Niall's bed as the blond boy turned back around. He thought for a second, then two, then three with blank and inferior heavy metal silently playing along his mind as he thought for four, then five, then six. He sighed.

"I'm not gonna go through with it."

"You're not gonna go through with it."

He groaned and dramatically threw his hands over his face. "I just! "he doesn't really know where he is heading with this conversation. "I just really hate him." Louis glared. "I've never hated someone else like I hate him, you know?" he huffed. "Like I hate him so, so so so so so so much."

Niall continued to scribble down on his paper. "Yeah?" he chuckled. "Why is that?"

"Don't want to fucking talk about it."

Niall snorted at that. "Okay let me get this straight." he swung around in his chair. "You come to my room, demanding attention, and you're all like 'I want to die Niall' and now you won't even tell me why you hate this lad?" he thought for a second. "I can respect that."

Louis threw him a glare through his fingers. "Niall. Harry Styles is the biggest fucking stupidly dense asshole on the entire planet. He treats me like shit. He is shit. There's nothing more to be said."

Niall forgave an alarmed frown. "He treats you like shit?" He cocked his head to the side. "Is he causing you trouble Louis?"

Louis moaned in pain.

"If you want I can tell him to stop bothering you, seriously, like I don't mind at all..." he paused, for a second looking rather suspicious. "Is this why you're all moody all the time?" He paused once again and gasped. "Is this why you're having mood swings!"

"Niall no!" Louis groaned. "Jesus, fuck off." he flipped around on the bed and gave his back to Niall while staring pointedly at the wall. "I don't need you treating me like a freaking baby Niall. Seriously, I'm fine."

"Generally when people say they're fine it really means that they seriously just need someone to help them out."

At that, he didn't turn around completely, but only twisted his head to give him a look that said 'seriously.'