4

I woke up to an alarm. I groaned and sat up. Robin sat up next to me and yawned. I smiled at the sight of him. His hair was messy and his eyes were still closed even though he was awake and sitting up.

"Mornin." He said in a raspy voice.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Better than I do in my own bed." He laughed and we both got up. I opened the door to my bedroom and looked in my moms room across the hall. She wasn't in bed. I closed the door and looked in the kitchen. She wasn't there either. She wasn't in the bathroom or the living room. She wasn't even home. I went back to my room to see Robin fixing his messy hair. He grabbed his bandanna and turned to me, holding it out.

"Will you help me?" He asked. He looked almost ashamed to be asking for help. I grabbed the bandanna and he turned around. I wrapped it around his head and started to tie it in the back.

"Your mom still sleeping?" He asked. He must've known that I was looking for her when I left the room.

"Nope. I'm not even sure she came home at all." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry." He turned around to face me as I finished tying his bandanna. Neither of us had moved back so we were standing inches apart. He looked down at me and I looked up at him. I'm sure he could practically hear my heart racing inside my chest. Right as I thought something was about to happen, I looked down at my wrist and starting messing with my bandanna bracelet Robin made for me. He backed away from me and walked over to put his shoes and belt on. I immediately felt stupidity wash over me. I liked Robin. I wouldn't mind if Robin had kissed me. I was just scared.

I turned and walked over to him. He was sitting on my bed, hunched over and working on putting his shoes on. I sat down next to him and looked down at my hands.

"I don't think I know how to love." I said quietly.

"That's okay." He said. He didn't even sound slightly angry with me.

"But I want to."

He stopped what he was doing and sat up to look at me.

"You do?" I nodded my head and he smiled at me.

"My parents never loved each other. They were always fighting." I said.

"Is that why your dad doesn't live with you?" He asked cautiously.

"My parents got a divorce. After that my mom started heavily drinking and now I never know if she's not home because she's being murdered or if she's just fucking some random guy she met at the bar." He looked at me for a second, trying to figure out what to say.

"My parents were always fighting too. We can figure it out together." He grabbed onto my hand to stop me from picking at my already bleeding fingers.

"I've never told anyone that before." I said looking up at him.

"Me either." We sat in silence for a few minutes until robin finally spoke.

"Let's go to school." He stood up and pulled me up with him. We walked out of my bedroom and into the living room. I put on my shoes and we left. We walked down the street and around the corner to where Finn and Gwenny lived. We'd decided to walk with them that day.

"Hey Robin, HI LINA!" Gwenny ran down the sidewalk and jumped onto us, hugging us both. Finn caught up to us and we started walking. Me and Gwenny walked ahead of the boys and started talking.

"Are you into him?" She asked.

"What? No way." She gave me a look and I gave in.

"Okay yeah."

"I think he's into you too. He's always talking about you and calling you pretty. He's never acted that way before." I smiled at the thought of Robin thinking I was pretty.

"Well I think we almost kissed this morning." I admitted.

"Wait what!? When?"

"When we were getting ready for school."

"He got ready at your house?" She asked.

"Uh, he kinda slept at my house." I said hesitantly. She looked shocked but super happy.

"No fucking way! He totally likes you."

"I just don't want to mess things up you know?" I said, twisting the bandanna on my wrist.

𝗥𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
"I think she's just been through a lot. The way she reacted to touch was almost concerning." I looked at Finn who was observing the girls walking in front of us.

"Maybe she's like me and Gwenny. Gwenny hates when people touch her now." Finn said.

"I don't want her to be afraid of me Finn."

"She might just need time and trust."

"She trusted me this morning. She told me something she's never told anyone before." I said, making sure not to say anything about her family.

"I guess all you can really do is be there for her. Let her know you care."

"I don't know how to do that or what it even means." I said, rubbing my face with stress.