- chapter fourteen ;

I tried to ignore them. I tried to ignore the glances he would make every so often. Over here I tried to ignore my thoughts of shoving Renee up against a wall and banging her head against it until she was unconscious. I watched in disgust as Renee laughed at something he said. What a bitch. Jon isn't even funny, his jokes were lame. I look at Stephen and doesn't seem to notice I have ignored him since Jon walked by only nodding my head a few  times and barely coherent words.

"So what do you think?"

"I'm sorry Stephen, I wasn't listening." I tell him, truthfully, he lets out a chuckle.

"So what did you ask me?" I ask, glad he didn't take offense to me ignoring him.

"So what's got your mind clouded over?"

"That over there." I tell him, with a nod of my head towards Jon and Renee.

"I figured that, the moment they walk through the door, your eyes haven't stopped moving." He says, but not sounding surprised that it was Jon I was thinking about.

"Well look at them, it's sickening." I tell him, in disgusted voice. I watch him turn and look at the scene I was earlier.

"Yeah, you're right." He says, making a face himself, causing me to laugh.

"I'm sorry for Jon hitting you." I tell him, genuinely sorry about it.

"I deserved it."

"Nevertheless, he had no right to hit you Stephen."

"Hey, it's alright. So why are you mad that he's here with Renee, you don't like her?"

"Yeah."

"I understand, so what do you say we make him jealous?" He asks, with a smirk.

"Stephen, we can't do that." I say, surprised he would suggest that.

"Why not? He's doing it to make you jealous, you can do it to make him jealous."

"There's nothing to be jealous over." I tell him.

"I've seen the way you look at him, and vice versa."

"It doesn't matter anymore, Stephen."

"Sure it does, you deserve to be happy too." He says, and I smile shyly at him.

"So do you Stephen, at least for tonight, so go Stephen while the night is still young." He looks at me surprised, but doesn't object.

"Alright, I just wanted to make up for that whole incident" He says, pulling out his wallet and dropping two twenties on the table.

"You made up for it."

"So we're good?" He asks, standing in front of me.

"Yeah, we're good."

"You want me to take you home?"

"No it's okay. I'll just take a cab later." He nods his head and leaves.

As I watch him walk out the door, I just get even madder at Jon. It's his fault I can't hold a date with someone. It's his fault I'm miserable, and it's his fault I'm alone. I sit and stare at my food thinking about how much I hate Jon. I sigh, I'm the farthest thing away from hating him. I look around and notice not many people here including Jon and Renee. Figures, I don't want to take the chance of going home and seeing her there. The more I think about it, the less angry I get, and the more saddned I get. I can feel the tears form the corners of my eyes but I fight to keep back, I jerk my head up when I feel the table shift, signaling someone sat down. I look up and see Jon was a concerned look on his face. Asshole.