- chapter seven ;

Here I am standing in front of Jon's door, knocking for what must have been 15 minutes, now I know he can hear me, he even turned his music down. He knows it's not Colby, he would have walked in by now. He's being stubborn. I knock one more time, and when I get no response, I open the door, surprised it's unlocked. I step inside and quietly shut the door, I look over at him laying on his bed, eyes closed, as if he was sleeping, who was he tying to fool?

"Jon." I whisper. NOTHING.

"I know you're up Jon, I'm not dumb." I said, walking closer to his bed. When the fucker still doesn't answer me, I sit down beside him shaking him roughly. NOTHING. He didn't even stir, furthering my conclusion that he isn't sleeping, I rubbed my hands up and down his sides softly, feeling him shiver. I smile to myself and do it again, a little harder, NOTHING. I moved my hand up to his neck and gently rub my fingertip over his sensitive spot again making him shiver. I take one finger and trail it down his navel, and over the button on his pants. Before I could go any further his hand reaches out and grips mine.

"Don't even think about it, Tay." He said, opening his eyes. I smiled because he knew what I was going to do.

"Well next time if you would answer me, instead of fainting sleep, I wouldn't have to go to such drastic measures." I tell him, getting my hand out of his grasp.

"I lasted longer than you though, didn't I?" I gave him a confused look, having no idea what he's talking about.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, temporarily forgetting why I came up here in the first place.

"The other night, when my drunken self came to you, you pretended to be asleep, but you didn't last long." He remembered that? I didn't think he did, infact, we haven't even mentioned the other night to each other.

"Yeah well, when you're drunk, you don't shut up and I wanted to sleep." I tell him. He scoots over on the bed, making enough room for me to lay down beside him.

"I didn't want you mad at me, I can't stand when you are." He said, wrapping his arm around my mid-section, just like the other night, only difference was he's sober.

"I wasn't mad at you Jon." I turn around, so I'm looking him in the eyes.

"You weren't? Damn, I would hate to see when you are." He said, looking down at me. For some reason being that this is only second time I've been in bed with this man, it's not uncomfortable or awkward.

"No Jon, I wasn't as mad as I was hurt." I said, hesitantly on the last part. I can feel him stiffen against me,  before sighing.

"I know and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you Tay, I was just mad." He says, stroking my hair.

"What were you mad about?" I asked him, snuggling further into him.

"Work mostly." Work, that reminded me why I came up here in the first place. I stay quiet for a few minutes. Focusing on the feeling of him stroking my hair, I never felt so comfortable in my whole life. Not the time to be thinking of that right now.

"Why'd you hit Sheamus?" I asked him, I looked at him and sees the surprise registered on his face. I forgot he didn't know I knew.

"Who told you I hit Sheamus?" He asks, to my surprise, he doesn't sound mad about it.

"I got my sorces."

"Joe needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut."

"Who said anything about Joe?"

"Come on you were just telling me you're not dumb, neither am I." I cracked a smile at him.

"It's not his fault, he didn't even realize what he had said."

"For being my best friend, he isn't the one I would go to secrets too." Okay we're getting off topic here. He is smooth, I have to hand him that.

"Jon, why did you hit Sheamus?" I asked again.

"He said somethings and I didn't like them." Could he be anymore vague?

"What kinda things did he say?" I wanted the full version. His hands stopped moving and he sat up.

"Things that pissed me off." I figured that, not hard to believe, Jon didn't like Sheamus as it is.

"And what exactly would that be?" I watch him, and he debated whither to tell me or not. It can't be that bad.

"You remember that party we had here last Christmas?" I nod my head, boy did I ever get drunk that night. It was the last night before all the superstars got time off for Christmas, and happened to be in Iowa, not far from here actually. So afterwards they all came over here, Sheamus included.

"We were in the lockeroom, talking about it. It came up that we should do it again sometime." He says stopping there.

"Damn Jon, if I was there, I would have done the same thing." I tell him, telling him to continue.

"Anyways Randy was saying how we should do it again sometime, and dolph agreed, as did the rest of the lockeroom."

"Jon get to why you hit, Sheamus? I don't have all night." I tell him getting frustrated with him with his lack of information.

"Fine.. so John asked how you were doing and shit, while the others were talking about the party that apparently they planned on having here, and Sheamus came up to us and asked if you'd be there, I told him more than likely, and he said good and that he would-" He stops, probably remembering what he said, becoming angry again.

"He would like to what Jon? Just tell me I can handle it."He acts like I'm a little kid sometimes, even though there's an age difference.

"That he would like to tap that bitch." He said, quietly looking at me. I stand up and head to the door. I turned around before I get there and look at him.

"Thank Jon, but don't do that again, I don't need you getting suspended or fired over me." He looks up at me, angry clearly written on his face.

"What do you want me to do, Tay? Stand there and let him talk about you like that?" He shouted.

"Yes."

"Sorry but I'm not going to do that."

"I'm not worth losing your job over Jon." I turn back around and start out the door, he's voice stopping me.

"Well to me you are." I stop and turn back around to face him, surprised when I ran into his chest. He was standing in front of me.

"And why Jon? I'm just a friend like Colby and Joe are." I say looking into his eyes.

"Still doesn't give him the right to say that."

"Still doesn't give you the right to put your job in jeopardy."

"I didn't put my job in jeopardy, I just got suspended, but even if I would have got fired, it would have been worth it." He says, putting a finger under my chin and lifting my head up to look at him.

"Jon what don't you understand I'm not worth getting fired over."

"Taylor, what don't you understand, I'm not going to let anyone talk about you like that." I look up at him, I stand there for a few  moments. Before I even knew what I was doing, I'm pushed backwards and shutting the door. He looked at me confused, but I strug it off, and wrapped my arms around his neck before bringing my lips to his.