Chapter Seven: Meeting Tony Stark

Leo and I rode the chariot in silence for a few minutes.

"You know," Leo said, "Tony Stark has-"

"Leo," I interrupted, "I know every bit of Tony Stark's history," I stared straight ahead.

"Sorry," Leo said, "just trying to make conversation, was he a cool dad?" I didn't respond for a few minutes.

"So we're not talking now," Leo mumbled.

"I never saw him," I whispered, "he always said his own dad ignored him for science, and he would try not to do the same to me. He failed. His assistant, Pepper, took care of me more. I miss her more than him." I smiled sadly.

"Oh," Leo said. We rode in silence for a few more minutes.

"Lady Alyssa and Master Leo, we are with in a mile of Tony Stark's current location," AJ said, speaking up for the first time.

"Well that was a fast trip," Leo commented. I nodded. I shook myself out.

"AJ, turn off auto pilot," I said, taking the joystick in my hand. I kept it straight. In the corner of my eye, I saw the blue dot was almost on top of us.

"Nyssa! Look out!" Leo yelled. I looked up, and saw we were in the city, and I almost crashed us into the tower. I swerved to the right, while Leo screamed. I laughed.

"Nothing like almost dying to wake you up!" I shouted with glee, "by the way, you scream like a girl!"

"You're crazy!" Leo shrieked. I just laughed harder. I heard something behind me, but didn't bother to turn around. Leo did, and screamed again.

"I don't think your dad recognizes you!" He told me, freaking out, "this is not how I wanted to meet Tony Stark!"

I turned, and sure enough, Iron Man was behind us, getting ready to shoot. I swerved again, avoiding the blue beam that shoot out of his hand, I didn't remember what they were called.

"This is so cool and scary at the same time!" Leo screamed. I yanked the joystick up, and we flew straight up the side of the tower. Iron Man kept up with us.

"Surrender intruders!" He yelled. I ignored him and kept flying up, zig zagging so my dad didn't have a clear shot. Soon we shot up over the top of the building, and I circled over the roof, and landed neatly.

"Don't do anything," I whispered to Leo, "let me do the talking." He nodded. Dad landed next to us.

"What are you doing on my tower?" He growled. Pointing both his hands at us, firing up those hand guns or whatever. I didn't say anything, just looked at him. Leo fidgeted next to me.

"Who are you?" He asked again. I reached up, and pulled off my helmet. My hair swung down, falling half way down my armored back. I still had my bandana on, but no bandage on my chin like normal. Dad's hands fell to his side.

"Alyssa?" He whispered. I glared.

"I'm home," I said. Leo sputtered laughter behind me. I turned to him.

"You just had to ruin that, didn't you?" I asked, annoyed. He giggled immaturely.

"I'm sorry," he gasped, "it was so cliché!" He laughed some more. I glared at him, with a straight face. He glanced at me, and immediately calmed down, rearranging his face into a serious one.

"Sorry," he said. I turned back to my father.

"Sorry about Leo," I told him while he just stood in shock, "he can be an idiot." Leo punched my arm, and I punched him back.

"Anyway," I said, "how's Pepper?"