showtime

"connie and ace!!" nikki shouts with a smile as we enter the building. he pulls me into a hug causing me to laugh a bit. "hey guys" connie smiles.

"tonight's gonna be fucking crazy!!" vince shouts with a smile. "hey ace, can you help me with my makeup?" tommy calls me over to the couch, trying to apply his eyeliner.

"yep" i walk over to him and straddle him and push his chest to lean back. "damn girl, you know were infront of people..." tommy laughs a bit.

"get your head out of the gutter, drummer." i focus on the eyeliner, then telling him to
look up with his eyes.

"there" i smile and cap the makeup placing it on the vanity. "when are y'all on?" i ask. "whenever doc calls for us" mick sits down on the couch and grabs his guitar, tuning it and playing a little bit.

i admire as he plays it, i used to play guitar with my dad a lot and it reminded me a lot of him. not saying mick reminds me of him, its just the way mick warms up is the same way dad did.

ever since tommy left i kind of started playing it on my own and eventually learned how to play you give love a bad name by bon jovi. (i know it came out in '86 but it was the first song that came to mind)

mick notices me staring and looks at me with a straight face. "oh sorry..." i look away and apologize thinking it was because he was annoyed. "nono, would you like to try?" he holds it out.

mick was genuinely a sweetheart when he decides to be, he was always so sweet to me but kind of a dick to other people. which im not complaining about, i loved mick. his little sarcastic personality fit perfectly with mine.

i nod and pick it up. "she doesn't know how to play anything on that" connie scoffs. i just stare at him and then start to tune it.

i start to play the song as the boys around me stand in shock, including connie. "what the actual fuck, you never told me you played!!" connie laughs in shock.

"while you were trying to flip pancakes with mom i was in the garage practicing with dad" i laugh as i hand the guitar back to mick after i finished playing for a bit.

"your dad is a badass, tell him i said hi when you call them" mick smirks to me. "oooo" tommy looks away scratching the back of his head.

"i would if graves had phones" i wink at mick with a smirk adding some humor into it. mick sat shocked and started apologizing. "woah you're good, i joke around to cope you're fine" i laugh a bit while adjusting my boot.

"yeah, everyone's gotta cope somehow" nikki smiles before taking a swig of his vodka.

"hey guys let's go!!" a loud voice comes from the other side of the door as he bangs, im guessing its doc. "alright let's go!!" tommy smiles jumping up.

all of us pile out of the room as the boys wait near the entrance of the stage, "tom come here.." i turn him around and fix his makeup up a bit more and move his hair round.

"alright, kick their asses" i smile. he lays a kiss on my lips as i hold my hand on the back of his head.

"yeah its a thing now.." connie shrugs it off as the band watches confused. "oh.." nikki looks out on the stage.