𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 : 𝔻𝔸ℝ𝕀ℕ𝔾

Start from the beginning

Wiping away her imaginary tears she turned back and ran ahead with all her might, never looking back for once. She heard her brother screaming behind her but that didn't stop her. Although the scenario was not happy at all she felt excitement run through her veins and her lips slowly stretched to form a contented smile. What's this ? Running away from home is fun !

" Fine then ! Be that way ! I'll not let you enter my house, later ! Do whatever you want ! Kageyama scoffed loudly before entering his house again. There's practice later so he has to finish all his chores before leaving." Stupid little brat."

Kotei ran and ran and ran to run some more before stopping near the neighborhood playground to catch her breath. With the adrenaline rushing, her heart beating crazily, she stooped down to rest her hands on her knees. This was the first time she had gone against her brother and crossed the borderline of her home, alone. Disobeying brother is really fun, was what she was thinking.

Finally, she's free. And there's no one to tell her off.

Happy with herself, she entered the playground and sat on one of the empty swings.

" Kotei !"

The girl perked up at the familiar voice. Looking up her eyes met a pair of brown ones.

" Shiro !"

It was a short boy, around her age, with dark brown hair and tan skin. Many small bandages adorned his knee caps and elbows indicating how often he got hurt while playing . He was wearing a red shirt and black shorts. He grinned at his friend whom he ran into, so unexpectedly . A ball was tightly held under his right arm.

Both Kotei and Shiro goes to the same kindergarten and got to be friends as such. Shiro lives with his mother and grandparents. Both the families had close ties and the boy often said how he was gonna marry Miwa when he grew up. For some reason Kageyama didn't like him and the feelings were mutual. They absolutely loathe each other.

" Why you alone, Kotei ? Where'z your shitty brother at ?" Shiro asked looking around. She's always with her brother when she's outside school. It got on his nerves. According to him, her brother has a sister complex and it's toxic for them to stay together any longer.

" Kotei says stop calling Kotei's brother shitty. Only Kotei calls brother that," she stuck out her tongue.

" Why you badmouthing your brother? It'z weird !" He leaned on his side as he supported the ball with the other hand.

" It's cuz.....," she looked straight into his eyes with a cool gaze," Kotei ran away from home."

The boy dropped the ball in shock. His lips remained parted as his eyes literally twinkled. His respect for his 'useless' friend, whom he had viewed as nothing more than a brother-maniac, shot up.

" A-a-a-awesomeee !!!"

" Hm....right." Kotei puffed out her chest, smirking as her nose protruded longer in pride. She got off the swing and stood in a brave posture as she rested her hands on her hips." Now bow to Kotei, peasant!"

" Y-you are The man...," Shiro said dropping to his knees and bowing before her. Kotei laughed loudly as the boy could see the light.

" I want to run away, too !" Shiro begged on his knees." Please teach me, master !"

" Hahaha..bow properly ! Maybe then Kotei can consider..," the girl gave him a sly look." Kotei's a grown up now." She smirked.

Shiro raised his head and stared at her face for a while. The look of envy disappeared from his eyes as he sighed." First get your pronouns right. You still a kid ?"