Baseball Bat &

Lizzie's Pov

"ELIZABETH" was all I heard before another crash ensued from downstairs.

My eyes snapped open and I jerked up to a sitting position as my eyes darted around the dark bedroom.

Y/N stirred next to me and I shook her body quickly, trying to get her awake faster. "Y/N. Y/N wake up. Y/N please wake up" I breathed out

She opened her eyes and sat up immediately as yet another crash reached us, closer this time.

She flung the duvet off her and scrambled out of the bed, grabbing my old baseball bat and holding it close to her chest.

"Hey that's from my high school" I whispered harshly

She shushed me quickly with a hand over my mouth and stood still, listening carefully for any signs of movement.

I gripped her hand and removed it from my mouth, looking up at her from my sitting position on the bed. "You're not going out are you?"

Another yell echoed- it was a different voice- a female voice.

"Jarnie"

"Mum"

We both scrambled to get out of the room and sprinted down the hallway to her room.

Flinging open the door we saw Robbie standing, towering over my mum who held her cheek.

Robbie turned and saw us and a sickening smile crossed his face at the sight.

"Elizabeth. And here I was asking where you were and you have been under my nose the whole time" He smirked

"Well it's a big fucking nose no wonder you missed her" Y/N muttered.

"You. You kidnapped her you fucking dyke" He raised his voice at Y/N as anger flashed across his slightly red face- he'd been drinking.

I gripped Y/N's forearm, trying to get her to keep her distance, but Robbie had other plans in mind as he stepped forward.

He shoved Y/N's shoulder back and Y/N gently pushed me away and I understood, rushing to my mother's side to check on her.

"I'm fine Lizard, really" She whispered, shakily standing up with my assistance.

We both turned to watch Robbie drunkenly swing for Y/N who grabbed his hand and shoved it away quickly. This seemed to only anger him more.

He yelled and decided to throw himself into her, sloppily rugby tackling her to the ground.
He threw punches at her which she dodged most of them but some came quicker than others, hitting her in the face.

I turned, scrambling to try and find the baseball bat we came down with, deeming that would be the most effective in situations like these.

Just as I was about to turn to my mother to tell her to leave for her own safety, I heard Robbie let out a short grunt, followed by Y/N coughing.

I whipped around and saw Robbie out cold, his unconscious body slumped on top of Y/N.

My mouth was agape as I saw my own mother holding the baseball bat.
"Hitting women" She scoffed, "What a pussy."

"Mum!" I gasped

"Are you about to criticise me Elizabeth?" She almost yelled.

"No, no of course not" I rushed forward to help Y/N up who hugged us both.

We basked in the silence before it was broken by the sound of Y/N's laughter, seemingly finding this situation hilarious.

"You-" She wheezed "You hit him with a baseball bat" She laughed again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N~ no way i last updated this 8 months ago💀
sorry this is short but I just uploaded a long chapter to my other book so i can't be bothered with much rn
see you in another 8 months xoxo