chapter 27.

027 — just like everyone else

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was a beautiful, violet flash. I blinked a few times, trying to clear out the blur from my eyes, while feeling how much my head hurt. For a while I didn't remember what happened, and why was I in the clan's house.

"Are you okay..?" Jungwon asked quietly, helping me sit up. He saw that I was trying to do it by myself, but I was not very good at it. It was completely dark outside the window so I probably had to sleep most of the day.

"What happened?" I groaned, still being half a sleep while grabbing my head, which was throbbing painfully, "You passed out suddenly. I was scared that something happened to you.." he said silently.

Jungwon was leaning against the headboard of the bed, and I was lying next to him, in the boy's room. There was complete silence between us around, so probably everyone in the house was asleep. The boy was looking at me worried, perhaps not really knowing what to do. I smiled hesitantly, wanting to show him somehow that everything was fine.

After a while, I remembered what happened before I passed out. My heart sped up, and my head started to hurt really bad again. What happened to the second clan?

The boy laid down next to me, and he put his arm on my waist, pulling me closer to him. "What happened during the time I was unconscious?" I asked quietly.

Heeseung never told me anything, but it had to be about Jungwon and me, and I made everyone vulnerable, even my parents. But I had no idea. I didn't know if they weren't telling me this so as not to worry me or maybe they didn't trust me enough to explain anything to me. I was afraid of everything, but I had to know what was happening.

"Heeseung talked with Taeyong. They were trying to find a solution to this situation." he shrugged. Even when it was dark in the room, I could see the violet glow comming from his eyes.

"And what exactly does this 'situation' look like?" I asked, but the boy remained silent. It was still the same. I didn't know anything, but no one wanted to explain anything to me. I was angry, even furious. It was my fault that the chaos fell among the vampires, and I didn't know what I did to make it happen.