chapter 24.

024 — you are special, darling

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I left the money in the envelope, next to the flower vase." mom said, adjusting the collar of the perfectly ironed shirt, protruding from under the dark gray suit. Dad was running around the living room, trying to do something with his tie.

"You always leave it there," I reminded her, chuckling at the end, "Don't worry, I have everything under control." I crossed my arms on my chest, observing them with a slight smile.

Parents were sent on a delegation to Tokyo. They were supposed to be gone for a whole week. And even when I had to be alone for this whole time, I was not afraid, because I was sure the vampires would never leave me for a moment. Someone will have an eye on me all the time, but my parents can't know about it. I'm sure that if they found out about it, they would definitely take me with them. My mom really liked Jungwon, but my dad still.. didn't know what to think about it.

"And remember, Jaeun," dad started, staring at me with a threatening face, "During our absence, I let you invite only friends. No boys here, and I'm not talking only about Jungwon, understand?" I shook my head, resigned, and started pushing them to the door.

I said goodbye to them, and nodded as they got into the car. It might sound a bit cruel, but I was glad they left. Dad was offended all the time, and he was becoming more and more unbearable. Maybe such a trip would let him clear his mind and help him to relax a bit.

When I was sure my parents were on their way, I went out to the garden. Last weekend my mother planted new flowers, and my task was to ensure that they did not waste away. So I grabbed my mother's watering can, and started pouring the water.

It was very hot, and the sun warmed my bare shoulders. In a sleeveless top and shorts, I still felt like I was dressed too thick for this temperature.

Suddenly, I heard a soft murmur from behind my back. A slight chuckle escaped from my mouth, knowing that those probably were wolves that stood behind me. It may be weird, but the more time I spent with them, I had the feeling that my senses had whettened a little.