chapter 12.

012 — dream or nightmare?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It was raining outside. Huge raindrops fell from the sky, limiting visibility to a meter. The fire was shooting loudly, giving a slight warmth.

I was sitting on the ground, shivering from the cold. I had no idea where I was, what was I doing there, or how did I get there. A weird dress that I was wearing that day was slightly destroyed and all wet. I had no idea how I had managed to start a fire because I had never done it before.

It was the middle of the night, no stars or a full moon could be seen through the thick layer of clouds. Shivers ran all over my body. I knew something was about to happen.

Frightened, I jumped when the wind roared loudly, and a wolf howled very close to my shelter. Something tempted me and I got up, probably moving to the exit of the cave. Lightning pierced the sky, illuminating the area, while leaving a loud noise of thunder behind.

Something was lying in front of me. It didn't move at all.. I ran up immediately, kneeling beside the injured animal.

A beautiful black wolf laid motionless. The only sign of his life was light breathing, that I could see by his slightly moving chest. I couldn't let him die. I pulled myself together, and I have no idea how I managed to move the animal into the cave.

He was injured. The blood around him was gathering at an alarming rate. Not waiting for nothing more, I tore open the skirt to make some sheets to stop the bleeding. The wolf looked at me calmly with his shiny eyes. As if he knew he was safe with me. He allowed himself to be bandaged, despite the pain it caused him.

By the time I was finished, my hands were stained with blood all the way to my elbows. Tears were dripping down my eyes. I couldn't watch him suffer.

The animal rested its head on my lap as if hugging my stomach. He closed his eyes, and just lay there with me.