"Can I spend the night with you today?" I asked, "Mom asked me to stay at your house so that I won't drive in such weather." and as if on cue, there was a loud thunder outside the window.

"Yes of course. Why are you even asking?" the girl chuckled, "Because you know.. I didn't take any change of clothes with me." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, there will be something for you in my wardrobe." she sent me a wink, and smiled cutely.

After several minutes, Jungwon returned home, completely drenched. The water was dripping from his wet clother and hair strands, what not gonna lie made him look attractive. But I was still hoping he didn't do anything to Ni-ki.

"Why are you angry?" I asked, as I followed him to his the bedroom, "Because he marked her." he growled through clenched teeth.

"But... isn't that good? After all, it makes Jiwon safe and happy, and I guess you want her to be happy."

Jungwon let out a light scoff, "Of course I want, but!- .. " he stopped, not really knowing what to say next, "Better him than those who attacked her, right?" I uttered, and he looked at me, terrified.

These words made him realize what could have happened if Ni-ki had not run to her that day. I talked to Jay about this once. The vampire woman can be marked by someone who is not her second half. Unfortunately, this makes her unhappy for the rest of her life, and involuntarily she must be devoted to the one who marked her. I don't want my friend to have to go through something like this.

After a while, the boy nodded his head, and then went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Outside the window the storm was still raging, the rain was hitting the windows. It didn't look like it was going to end soon.

I went back to Jiwon, who was already laying in bed, dressed in her pajamas. I borrowed a T-shirt and shorts from her, and jumped onto the bed next to her. Of course, instead of going to sleep, we started to laugh at our inside jokes and various stupid things. We always did that when I stayed overnight, and now we didn't even mind the storm raging outside.

"Being a second half is.. special, isn't it?" she whispered, "Indescribable," I nodded, "All the feelings are so strong that sometimes I can't even think straightly. Why did me and Jungwon take so long to get away from this?" I shrugged my shoulders.