He's My Brother : 2

Chapter 2; (A/N - Short chapter, sorry. Anyways, enjoy!)

We chose to take the taxi home since I just got out of the hospital, and it was dead silent as we rode the taxi. I decided to blast my music so I’d feel less self-conscious. I was looking out the window at the evergreen trees when Nick popped up into my mind.

Nick.. My heart started sinking, and I couldn’t breathe. Tears started to build up, but I wasn’t going to start crying in front of arrogant jerk here. I’d probably hide in the attic corner and cry my heart out there; I always do, but then Nick would always come and cheer me up..

I shook my head, and slapped both my cheeks a few times. That’s when the song ‘Together’ started to play. That’s the song that Nick made; his dream is to be a famous singer, and mine’s was to dance along with him in his MV’s.

I was on the urge of changing the song, but a familiar figure caught the corner of my eyes. I turned my head to check, and there Nick was. He was making out with a blonde, and I can pretty much guess who she was; Zoey. He claimed that she was ‘just an acquaintance’, but I guess he lied. 

The tears that I’ve been trying so hard to trap have finally betrayed me. They came rushing down like the Niagara Falls, and before I knew it, I couldn’t control myself.

I heard the jerk mutter something, but I wasn’t really sure what. My music’s blasting so loud, and I was too traumatized to say anything.

The jerk probably got annoyed, and turned around to check on me. His expression was stunned, and his mouth hung open.

“Are – you – okay?” I read the words from his moving lips.

I didn’t say anything, and I was way too weak to even hold my body up now.

I think I collapsed or something. My whole mind is blank, and my eyelids feel heavy. The funny thing though is that I could hear my favourite songs playing even when I’m dreaming. The voice, the words, and the melody all sound so genuine. I must really love the songs, because I’m going crazy. Heck, I even dream about my songs!

“Elise” I hear someone calling my name.

“Answer me” the voice said again.

Who is it? Who’s calling me? I’m right here.

“Elise” the voice sounded more worrisome now.

Could it be Nick?

“Nick?” I said softly.

Could it really be him?

“Is it really you Nick?” I said a bit louder this time.

The voice didn’t respond. An image of Nick appeared in my mind, and it was slowly vanishing from my mind, soon, all that’s left was.. I didn’t know what it was actually. Another image started to appear closer. I squinted my eyes to make out the image, and to my dismay, an ugly beast appeared in my vision.

That jerk.

I screamed as loud as I could, and I hit something hard as I was screaming.

“GEE, it’s nice to see you too” the jerk mimicked sarcastically.

“Beast” I rolled my eyes, and ignored him.

I wanted to take a long hot shower but I realised my CD player was on. It was playing Meant To Be right now too. No wonder the song popped up into my mind.

That’s funny. I swear I didn’t have the CD of NJ Jammer.

“Where’d you get that?” I asked eagerly.