Ch 4

13 year old Leon awoke to the ringing alarm clock on his nightstand. He grumbled and swatted at it, missing it several times, before cursing and trudging out, finally turning of the damn thing. He had a strict time of awakening, usually 8 in the morning, but 6 on School days. Ever since he complained to his mother about getting a little responsibility for his life, she had just had to give him a list of chores to do about the house. Tending to the small garden in the back, emptying trash cans all around, and making sure all his father's gear, as well as his own, were in tip-top shape…

"Me and my big mouth," He muttered to himself.

He dressed and went outside to the garden area, where he had his first chore of the day. As he watered the various vegetables, he took deep breathes of the nice, woody scent of the air around him. He utterly loved the outdoors, and if given the choice, he would happily spend all his life their, hunting and fishing and sleeping under the stars…when it wasn't raining of course.

He was half-way through the process when his father opened the door and called a out to him, beckoning him inside. Grumbling that it was going to take longer to finish since he was interrupted, he trudged over, where his father was grinning happily. He has on a standard long-sleeved shit with a vest over it, along with standard jeans. In his hands was a smoking cup of coffee, and he looked more happy than usual. Just when Leon reached him, He spoke in an excited manner.

"Good morning Leon! We have a guest here, and I would like you to meet her!" he said with great happiness. Leon faked a smile and entered the house. When he stepped into the dining area where his mother was sitting with the visitor, he froze. He had never been so captivated in his life by what he saw.

His mother was sitting and chatting next to a girl, apparently his own age. But it was not the fact that this girl was his own age and was speaking like someone of his own age, no, it was not that. Nor was it the clothes or the way she had her hair. But he had never so seen a more beautiful girl in his life. He was almost pained to look at her. Like she was a sun burning in his room. He was so flustered that he actually looked at the ground for a moment, to catch his thoughts. Finally he raised his head and took a firm look at her, embarrassed to no end.

She was about his age, no older than 13. She had auburn hair that reached her mid-back, and it almost seemed to flow around her, yet there was no breeze blowing. Her skin was slightly pale, and was completely devoid of any Imperfections, like acne or scars. But when she looked at him in the eyes, and they contacted, his breathe again caught in his throat. Her eyes were silvery yellow, and reminded him so much of the moon that he loved. The moon that comforted him, and the moon that captivated him so much, seemed reflected at him through her eyes.

She smiled at him, and again he had to look at the ground to keep breathing, not being able to look at her in this state. Such beauty seemed to almost burn his eyes and force the air from his lungs. His mother, who was sitting next to the girl with her own drink, laughed at his reactions. She turned to the strange angel in the room and spoke.

"You must forgive him. You seemed to have made an impression." She turned to Leon, who was glancing at the girl with his face mostly facing the ground. He was apparently trying to look at the girl with out actually taking all of her in view. Like trying to indirectly look at the sun.

"Leon, this is a friend of ours who will be visiting for a couple of hours. She is passing through and stopped by. She said she wanted to talk to you especially."

Leon opened his mouth to speak, and literally had to force the words outs.

"H…Hi…Hello"

The girl laughed. It was so musical the way she did so. Leon did not think that he had heard anything so sweet in his life.