He smiled, eyes still closed. "Perfect, I can agree to that."

"Smart pirate." Juniper's eyes drooped as she felt her head slowly spin. Finally, they drifted closed.

* * *

Elena was the one to wake her. Juniper had no idea how much time passed, since she fell asleep, but she didn't fully care as she smelled whatever food the little maid was holding. "What is that beautiful smell?"

"It's stew. Made from the Captain's supply." Elena knelt beside the bed and motioned for the Princess to sit up.

Juniper gladly obliged. "Well at least he was nice in that regard. How long was I asleep?"

"Altogether it's been about twenty-four hours." Elena began feeding her. "Are you feeling any better?"

Too hungry to reply, Juniper took the bowl from Elena and wolfed down the rest of the stew. It honestly wasn't that good, but it felt wonderful to eat something. She just hoped she didn't eat it too fast. "Well I don't feel like dying, is that a good answer?"

Elena smiled kindly, as was her usual expression. "It's a very good answer, your Highness. I was worried. Especially with your condition-"

Juniper held her hand up, silencing her. "I assure you it had nothing to do with that. It's a different kind of pain when I'm affected in that way." She loathed her medical issues, not even including her tendency for motion sickness. It made her feel repulsive and unwanted. But it seemed those ultimate feelings were her father's goal, and he'd succeeded. Long ago. "Do refrain from mentioning that to the Captain, or I'll truly kill you. You've revealed enough as it is."

"I only reveal what's necessary."

Juniper didn't appreciate that response. "Elena, you didn't tell him about it, did you?"

"No, your Highness. There was no need to." Elena took the now empty bowl from her. "I'll bring some supplies so you may freshen up. Kitt has provided you a clean set of clothes." She pointed to a pile of clothes in the corner. "Don't feel rushed in getting up. It is late into the evening, after all."

Juniper blinked as the maid left without dismissal or another thought. Being on this ship in the ocean was clearly bringing out a new side to Elena, and she was surprised to realize that she didn't hate it. Somehow, it was refreshing.

After allowing herself to wake up a bit more, Juniper slowly got to her feet. Her legs shook and her balance was a little unsteady, but she was up and moving. It was improvement, at the very least. She changed into the new set of clothes and was still a bit embarrassed at how the blouse was a bit loose at her chest. She never wanted a casual corset to cover this until now. But why would she care about her appearance on this crime filled ship? If anything she felt she should appear ugly to save herself several headaches.

Elena returned a short time later and helped the Princess wash her hair and clean up the rest of the way. They didn't speak, but there was really no need.

Juniper was desperate for some air and immediately left the maid to wander up to deck. She passed a few pirates, but they appeared either too drunk or too tired to pay her any mind. Thank the gods. She would probably murder someone who bothered her, given her current mood. The last set of stairs were embarrassingly difficult to climb in her weakened state, but she made it up. It was just becoming dark, and the evening breeze soothed her tired body.

This was something she didn't hate about the ocean. It felt soothing, yet wild and free all at the same time. This feeling was something she could get used to.

A barrel of a pirate eyed the Princess as he tied a rope down to the mast. He continued staring, eyes wandering over her far too freely.

Juniper wasn't about to give him the time of day, but she was interested in what he was doing. The rope he handled trailed up into the sails high above, and she wondered what it's function was. There were several ropes up there, but the one he had appeared to be bigger than the others. Finally, she slowly approached him.