48

"Smile!" Joyce said as she snapped a photo, El and Will posing as she did. El was wearing a long, amethyst-colored dress with spaghetti straps and a mesh shawl to match. She had her hair up in a bun, her bangs pushed to the side a bit. She had her makeup done with eyeshadow to match her dress. Will wore his suit the girls had picked out for him, along with blue painted nails that El had done for him so it would match his tie. "One more!"

"Mom, you said that ten photos ago." Will responded. El laughed a bit as Joyce sighed.

"I promise this is the last one. Smile!" Joyce said. Will sighed before smiling for the photo. Joyce gave a sad look as she put down the camera. "You two look so grown up... I might just cry."

"That's probably because they're taller than you." Hopper said, coming up behind Joyce. She playfully nudged him in the side as they all laughed.

"Who's picking you two up again?" Joyce asked.

"Mike is." El replied. Joyce smiled lightly as Hopper rolled his eyes.

"It's so nice that he drives you two everywhere." Joyce said.

"Well, he lives across the street." Will responded.

"Unfortunately." Hopper added. Joyce rolled her eyes as Will and El laughed a bit.

"Don't mind your father, he's just mad because Mike has better hair than him." Joyce said, raising her eyebrows a bit. Hopper gave her an offended look as the two giggled.

"Not true! My locks are luxurious." Hopper responded, pretending to flip his hair. Suddenly they heard a knock on the door. Joyce excitedly rushed to the door, opening it with a smile. Mike smiled as he awkwardly walked in. He hugged El and Will before he turned his attention to Hopper, who was staring him down.

"Hey, Hop." He said awkwardly.

"Michael." He responded before taking a sip of his coffee. Mike turned to Joyce, who was standing there with a big smile.

"Mike! Hey!" She started, "How are you?"

"..Good?" Mike responded with a confused look as Joyce hugged him.

"Mom, can we go now?" Will asked as El giggled next to him. Joyce sighed as she pulled away from Mike.

"Well, now we need a picture with Mike." Joyce replied. Will sighed.

"Oh, I agree." Mike added. Joyce gave an excited smile.

"Same." El responded. Mike smirked at Will, who rolled his eyes but still softly smiled back. El put her arms around the two excitedly as they posed for Joyce's picture. And after about five more, she finally let them go.

"Have fun, kids!" Joyce said as the three left.

"Have fun on your date, you two!" El responded, before continuing to follow Mike and Will to the car.

"Your dress looks awesome, El, and your hair too." Mike said as the three got into the car.

"Thanks! Will and I styled each other." El responded. Mike looked down at Will's hands, having noticed the new nail color before.

"You guys did great." Mike said with a smile as he grabbed Will's hand, getting a better look at his nails. "Really great." Will smiled softly, his face turning slightly red as he looked at Mike, who looked up at him with a smile before kissing his hand.

"Thanks." El said with a knowing smile as she looked at the two. Mike let go of Will's hand and started the car before starting to drive.

"So, are you excited, El?" Will asked. El nodded a bit.