29

"So what's the plan?" Lucas asked as the group walked into the mall. Max and El locked arms as Will stood beside El, and Lucas stood on the other side beside Max. Mike followed a little bit behind El and Will. On the way here Mike just told El that he felt sick, and that's why he left yesterday. And when asked why he didn't go home, he said he went for a drive instead. This wasn't exactly the truth, but it wasn't exactly a lie either, so to Mike it was okay. Will on the other hand wondered why Mike wasn't telling the truth about going to Robin and Steve's.

"We're going to every single clothing store until we find what we need, that's the plan." Max replied. Lucas sighed.

"That sounds fun." Mike said suddenly. Lucas turned to him in confusion.

"That's the spirit, Mike!" El responded. Mike smiled a bit. He didn't care how long it took, he would give anything not to go home and have his mom question him.

"Oo! Let's go to that store first!" Max said pointing. El excitedly nodded as the boys followed, Lucas more reluctantly.

The boys then sat in different shops for the next three hours watching El and Max try on different dresses, and Max sometimes wearing suits, giving random compliments or nodding in approval.

"That one looks great!" Lucas said. Max looked down at the suit she was wearing.

"I don't know, I think it looks kind of weird. Next outfit!" She said as she went back into the dressing room. Lucas rolled his eyes. Mike looked over at Will then back at Lucas, who seemed pretty bored anyways.

"Hey, Lucas?" Mike said suddenly. Lucas looked over at him.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"I need to talk to you.. you know about the thing I told you about?" Mike asked. Lucas gave a confused look.

"When?" Lucas asked.

"In.. the bathroom." Mike replied. Will overheard the conversation, and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"The bathroom?" Will said.

"Oh yeah! I remember now. Sure." Lucas said getting up. "Let's walk." Mike followed.

"I'm so confused." Will said. Mike looked at him for a second.

"Sorry, bye." Mike responded before him and Lucas left. Will watched them leave.

"Okay.." He said before turning back to the inside of the store.

"So, whats up?" Lucas asked, the two now standing next to a vending machine as Lucas looked at what candy he wanted.

"I don't have feelings for El." Mike replied. Lucas's eyes widened as he looked at Mike.

"Woah.. okay.. so who do you have feelings for?" Lucas asked.

"Not important. The thing is.. how do you get rid of feelings for someone?" Mike asked in return.

"Wait, you want to stop liking this girl? Why?" Lucas responded. Mike looked down a bit. It wasn't a girl, but he couldn't tell Lucas that.

"It's.. personal." Mike said. Lucas thought about it as he looked back at the machine.

"Maybe.. don't talk to her?" Lucas responded.

"But.. I can't." Mike said.

"Dude, then how else do you expect to get rid of these feelings for this girl?" Lucas asked. Mike sighed.

"I don't know.. I guess I could try it." Mike replied. "But it's going to be really hard."

"Why? Do you see them a lot?" Lucas asked.