21

"I can't believe Jessie cheated on Ryan." Will responded to what Mike said about the unfinished drama he had started telling him last night. "They seemed like the type to stay together like.. forever."

"Yeah I know right, and with Brad?" Mike responded. "Ridiculous."

"What do you have against Brad?" Will asked, laughing as he opened his locker, Mike leaning on the locker next to his.

"He's a total doofus. He thought stutter was spelled with two d's." Mike responded. Will laughed a bit as a familiar face appeared behind them.

"Hey, boys." El said smiling as she came up behind Will and Mike, putting her arms over both of their shoulders, though it was just barely because of her short stature.

"Oh hi, El." Will responded turning around. They did what looked like a special handshake as Mike watched, before El turned to Mike.

"Hey." She said. Mike smiled.

"Hi." He responded. El suddenly hugged him, and Mike awkwardly hugged her back.

"You feeling better? You seemed sad yesterday." She asked as he pulled away.

"Yeah, I am much better." He responded.

"Good." El said.

"How was your sleepover with Max?" Will asked.

"It was fun, I met her bandmates." El replied.

"Max is in a band?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you two, she plays bass." El started, "Anyways, they were looking for a lead singer and they asked me to do it."

"Awesome." Will responded, "What type of music will you be playing?"

"They said for now it's just covers." El started, "But it's still cool."

"It really is." Will responded smiling.

"Oh yeah, Mike, did Will tell you about the movie?" El asked.

"Yeah, he did." Mike responded, smirking a bit as he recalled him and Will's night. Other than him crying, everything else was great.

"Okay, good. You coming?" El asked. Mike nodded.

"Of course." He replied. El smiled.

"Great." She responded. "Anyways, I should probably get to class. Bye, Will. Bye, babe." She quickly hugged the two and went on her way.

"She seems excited." Mike said as Will continued to get his books.

"Well I heard it's good." Will started, "Plus it's a tragic love story, girls love those."

"Oh, that makes sense." Mike responded.

"Honestly.. I'm kind of excited too." Will started, "I read about it in a magazine and it sounds really good."

"Well if you'll like it I probably will too." Mike responded as they began walking to class.

"Well.. do you like romance?" Will asked.

"I mean.. kinda.. but is that all it's about?" Mike responded.

"No, it also takes place in space." Will responded as they sat down at their table next to Darren.

"Space?" Mike said in confusion. Will nodded.

"What are you guys talking about?" Darren asked.

"The movie we're all seeing Saturday." Will replied.

"Oh yeah." Darren said. "Yeah it takes place in the future, in space."

"Then how is it a tragic love story?" Mike asked.