11

We travelled by bus together. It was friday and we were on our way to Doncaster. Harry rested his head on my shoulder, staring outside.

"Will she like me?" he asked all of sudden.

I am sure she will like you more than me.
"Yeah, I am sure she will love. Who doesn't love you?" I pecked his cheek.

Harry tilted his head in order to look at me, entwining our fingers as well.

When we arrived we strolled down the street hand in hand, making our way towards the house where I grew up, where I grew up as little Madeline.

When we arrived I could see how excited Harry was about this whole thing.

"I am so nervous." he whispered, biting on his lip afterwards.

"Just, be you, yeah? Let's go." I grabbed his hand in mine, leading him towards the entrance door which I unlocked with my key. I let him come into the doorway and closed the door behind him. I put down our bag with things.

I was prepared for going home the same day but I didn't tell that to Harry.

"Mom? It's me. I have someone to introduce you." I exclaimed from the hallway.

"Oh, that's you! Come in!" I heard her shout from the living room.

"Let's go babes." I led Harry into the room, holding his hand tightly in mine while doing so.

"Hello!" there she was, my mother in all her beauty.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Tomlinson."

"It's nice to meet you as well. What's your name?" my mother walked over to us.

"I am Harry Styles." he reached out to shake her hand straight away.

She looked at our entwined hands next. I could feel the lump in my throat growing bigger with passing seconds.

"You seem lovely Harry." she turned towards me now.

"Can't believe you have a boyfriend Maddie." I let go of Harry's hand when I heard that word leave her mouth.

She hugged me but I still stood there like a statue, not hugging her back.

"I told you, you were confused." I looked at Harry to see him staring at me with pained grimace.

"I am not Madeline mom. I told you that before. I am Louis, why can't you accept that?"

She sighed.

"I gave birth to the prettiest girl in Doncaster and she is still standing here. You are my Madeline and you will always be Mads."

"Yeah." I looked to the ground, feeling like crying there and then.

"So Harry, where did you and Madeline meet?" I couldn't do this.

"Excuse me for a second." I ran away, leaving the two of them alone.

I rubbed on my eyes, knowing I had to pull myself together as soon as possible.