"Are you going to waste your day away inside? You should get dressed and join the others outside, Anna," Her lips twitched into a crooked smile as her wrinkly hands sat into her lap.

How did she know my name? Was this some hidden part of the church I'd never been in? I knew that this had to do something with the church. It wouldn't make sense if it was anything other than. I nodded towards her slowly, choosing to keep my words to myself. Honestly, I was terrified, but with the church—I didn't want to act out. I saw what they could do to people like me.

I had to play my cards right. Act like I'm happy to be here. Something that won't get me hurt until Harry

Fuck.

Harry.

My anxiety hit me like a freight train. My head started to feel dizzy as my hands shook. Was he looking for me? He had to have known that I was gone. I told him I would text him when I got home, so he must know. He must know.

I was trying not to get emotional. Now wasn't the time. If I wanted to get out of here alive, I needed to blend in. Not stick out.

I left my room, and was met with a hallway that had other doors all the way down. I wondered if other people were staying here too or if this was just—a vacation for these people? My bare feet padded down the hallway while I scanned around the area. I didn't feel safe. In fact, I'm sure if someone looked at me they could see how scared I really was.

There was a living room with a huge sectional couch. No TV, but a lot of bibles piled onto the table. If they didn't have a TV, then they surely wouldn't have a phone either. I checked the area anyways, hoping there would be some kind of phone that they keep in case of emergencies.

I found myself in the kitchen, and started to open up cabinets. It was stocked full of canned goods, but the fridge was nearly empty. The only things I could find was water and milk. What were they eating here? Peas and carrots in a fucking can?

"Oh, I didn't know you were in here. My apologies," A familiar voice came from behind me, and I turned quickly to look at the man standing near the counter with a deadpanned expression.

"Michael?" My voice wavered as I closed the fridge, taking a step towards him, "Michael? What—what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" Michael tilted his head with a confused look. He was wearing all white too. I frowned. Was he not shocked to see me here? Or wonder why I was here? Or...anything?

"This—this place, it's—"

"Michael, he's...changed a lot." Gracie's voice floated through my head.

Oh, shit.

What if Michael was too far gone to be salvaged of his sanity? His morality?

"It's beautiful, isn't it, Anna?" Michael smiled softly, "I just moved here a few days ago. I'm so happy to see another familiar face here. You'll really like it here, Anna..." He took a step towards me, placing a firm hand onto my shoulder as he looked at me with wide eyes, "I just know you will."

Shivers ran down my spine as I inhaled shakily. I nodded quickly towards him.

"Me too," I whispered back.