Usually I was so good at keeping my emotions in check, but I honestly couldn't promise anything about tonight.

I had been holding back for what felt like centuries, attempting to suppress the desires I felt towards Drew because she needed that from me. I had done well so far in keeping my distance, but lately I had found it nearly impossible not to reach out when I was with her and grab her. I was constantly daydreaming about touching her and feeling her soft skin under my fingertips. I wanted to take control of her and just show her I wasn't going to hurt her, but I knew that keeping my distance wasn't really for my sake, it was for Drew's.

She pulled up into her tiny garage that led to her apartment, seeing that Demarcus and Maria weren't here yet. I figured he had taken Maria home to change, which could be a short visit or a long wait and internally guessed we would find out soon enough.

I climbed off of her bike and followed her into the familiar apartment, seeing Milo hopping off of the couch to greet us. The familiar aroma of Drew's scent and freshly burned candles really made me feel at home as I dropped my dance bag.

Watching the tall blonde move around her house was one of my favorite things to do, she was just so elegant and calm all the time. I tended to compare this Drew to the Drew I would witness in the fighting ring, having a hard time believing they were the same person. It was hard to make the connection and understand her different sides, but I was trying my best.

She turned to me, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders, "Do you want something to drink? Eat? I figured you'd be kind of hungry..."

I was hungry, and I was kind of thirsty too, but there was just something about Drew right now that I was going mad over. I was happy, happier than I usually was. I was stress free, and the feeling of success had overtaken me because of the phenomenal responses to our recital. I had missed her, and she looked painfully good right now. I hated admitting it to myself but holding back was too hard for me, and I had a gut feeling Drew understood that by the look I was giving her.

I was close enough to her for me to smell her familiar perfume, my back leaning against her island as her light eyes pulled away from the fridge and back to me. I watched them travel quickly up my legs and linger on my breasts before finally meeting my own, letting me know she was feeling the same thing I was.

The tension wrapped around us as I tried to control myself, "No I'm fine."

"You sure you don't want anything...?"

I shook my head, realizing I was biting my lip as I released it, but not before Drew had seen. I could feel my palms grow sweaty from the nerves that were balled up in my stomach.

God, kiss me already... I pleaded internally, wishing Drew would just give in.

I watched her swallow as I felt my weaknesses overtaking me. There was no denying the tension, and there was no denying the fact that we had a mutual attraction that seemed to be bigger than the both of us. She felt it, I felt it, but she constantly held back out of fear. She had no reason to be afraid, and if she wanted her control I would let her have it. She knew all of this yet she still continued to hold back, but I could see her defenses crumbling before my very eyes.