Chp. 17

Wednesday passed faster than I had expected, which I was grateful for because I had been super excited for Thursday to arrive. Not only had me and my group fallen back into our normal rehearsing schedule but Drew and I would start, which I was overly excited about. I couldn't wait to get started with her, and I had so many ideas brewing in my head due to all of my choreographer friends' inputs.

Things seemed to be falling in place and barely holding it together all at the same time. On one hand Drew and I were great and ready to take on this recital, and then on the other hand she and I were worried about her upcoming fight next Friday. I knew it wouldn't be against Jada, at least not this go round, which was a relief but it didn't dim the worry I had. I hated when she fought, and I knew that the worst had yet to come.

But for now I was attempting to finish up my group rehearsal for the day so Drew and I could begin.

We finished what little choreography we had practiced and I dismissed, "Everyone did well today. Saturday, same time, don't forget!"

All of them seemed relieved that they no longer had to dance for three hours anymore, which hurt my heart a little bit. I loved dancing, and even if it took up a lot of my time I didn't mind one bit. I didn't know if it was the same for everyone else, and by no means did I have any room to assume they weren't busy with school, I just hoped that everyone was into it like I was.

Maria walked up to me and smirked, "Let me know how it goes?"

I knew she was referring to rehearsal with Drew, which I was greatly anticipating. I nodded eagerly, "Of course."

"See you tomorrow," Maria left, leaving me in the studio alone to wait for my new partner's arrival.

I hadn't planned much choreography for us, simply because I wanted to get a feel for how Drew danced with me first. We had only slow danced together, nothing like what we were about to attempt so seeing how she moved with me would give us an idea of how to choreograph.

Then I heard Drew knocking on the doorframe, suddenly grabbing my attention. My eyes took her in, seeing her muscle shirt and her warmups hanging off of her hips. She was so effortlessly beautiful it literally hurt me to look at her, but I still couldn't tear my eyes away.

She smiled, "We're really about to do this."

I nodded, "Yep, so there's no backing out now."

She walked up to me slowly, as if she was building the tension even more that always seemed to surround us. Her eyes looked more silver today than anything, and her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, showing off her angular face.

Her face was inches from mine, looking down as she shook her head, "I'm not backing out."

I blushed, realizing that even after a month and a half of knowing her I still wasn't used to the feelings she brought out of me. I loved them of course, but it was emotionally exhausting whenever my heart stayed in overdrive as long as she was around.

I swallowed, "W-We should stretch."

Oh God, did you just stutter?