Chapter 4

-Wait... YOU'RE Zeri?! I've been looking for...- a thud in the distance and an explosion. When the dust settled, Vi was under the hextech barrier of her gauntlets. She protected both of them.

-What was that?- asked Zeri.

-Company.

They were surrounded. The boy that got away was back with reinforcements.

-HEY, "LOVE"! I'M BACK! I BROUGHT FRIENDS!

-There you are, you little shit...- whispered Vi. She deactivated the shield and stepped once towards the boy and the horde of goons.

-GOOD! I WAS AFRAID I HAD TO HUNT YOU DOWN!

-The older daughter of Vander. I'm glad we finally have the chance to meet each other.- a voice, a loud metallic voice, came from behind Vi. She turned around to face the source. It belonged to a man with robot arms, armour and a glass helmet.

-Petrok Grime, in the iron.

-What is your business here, enforcer?- Zeri stood up, realizing that Vi was saying the truth after all. She was from the police and was Vander's daughter.

-Oh, you know, just walking down the roads of the home I once had.

-Well said, you once had. This is not your home anymore, nor it is your jurisdiction as a Piltovan lap dog.- he took a few steps in her direction, -Why are you here?-

-Police operation, can't talk about it.

-She's looking for her father. Can you help her?- Zeri had no idea what she had just done. Everyone knew that Vander was dead.

Vi closed her eyes. *Goddamnit, kid...*

-Is it true? You think old daddy Vander is still alive?- he and all of his goons started to laugh, - You're naïve, enforcer. Vander's dead. Silco made sure of that. And good riddance! Vander was a nuisance, always raining on everyone's parade. Silco made our lives so much easier, and that shimmer of his, it was amazing.- Zeri heard all of that astonished. All she had known until that moment was a lie, and that metallic man was confirming what Vi had said.

*I made a mistake...* she thought.

-And what's your plan, now, Grime?

-Me? I'm here just to enjoy the show! The pink and green-haired girls that caused so many problems to Zaun and its good citizens are finally cornered!

-To corner someone you need a corner, you know! We're at the centre of the square!- said Zeri with all of her innocence.

-Thank, you, darling. now shush, adults are talking.- replied Grime annoyed.

-And I suppose you're one of the good citizens, aren't you?- Vi was very close to lunging at him and ripping his arms off.

-Enforcer! I'm offended! Of course I am, and a prime example of this city's citizens, if I maaaayyy...!- small balls of light hit him. The pain he felt was excruciating, due to all that iron that was part of his body. He was alive, but down.

Vi looked at Zeri. -Dude!-

-What? He was talking too much!

-Yeah, but I wanted to kick his ass!

-Too slow, then.- Zeri shrugged.

Vi laughed, abandoning the annoyed look on her face. They were now back-to-back, getting ready for the battle it was sure to happen soon.

-So, what's the plan, Vi?

-Plan? I don't need a plan!

-What kind of enforcer are you?