Part 12.

Yu tensed up. He was going to ask again, to ask Mika to come with him to the humans, again and again. He couldn't give up, even though he understood that Mika couldn't be around humans anymore, he wasn't one. He was a vampire thus he needed a constant supply of blood.

No, he is still half human.

His eyes were as blue as before, and Yu concluded, he did not drink human blood yet, instead he only consumed vampire blood.

Could that mean, that maybe, even if it was a slim chance, Mika could still be turned into a human? What if?

"Mika...What if...We turned you back into..?" Yu spoke quietly, expecting a negative reaction. He knew how hard it was for Mika to become something they both hated.

"You really think that is possible?" Mika answered, with no intrest or hope in his voice. He sounded like he already lost all faith, like he already accepted the dreadful reality of his existence.

"What if it is...Don't just lose your hope like that!" Yu tried to sound even a little bit enthusiastic, but that seemed to make no difference at all.

Mika stepped back from the wall and took a seat on the bed next to Yu, drowning his head in his hands, thinking very hard. He searched for any solution, but he just couldn't find a way. Mika lifted his head up, staring at the grey ceiling and then asked.

"Say, Yu, what will you do when they come?"

Yu sighed. The truth was, he didn't even know what he should do. More than anything he wanted to be with Mika, but being surrounded by vampires was something he would never handle. Damn it, if only there was a way, a way for them to finally be happy.

Mika stared at the ceiling, feeling a fierce rage of emotions. He squeezed the sheets of the bed, realizing that he would rather die than letting Yu go just like that, slip away from him just when they finally met. No, he will not.

The vampire looked back to Yu.

He made his decision. He will protect Yu from all harm no matter where they go and they shall never split up again. The rest of the problems they will face are unimportant after all.

Mika raised his hand and brushed Yu's cheek gently, giving him a refreshing smile. Yu blushed and smiled back in response. He was about to lean in for a cheek kiss, when the alarm went off.

Both boys jumped up, as they heard the running footsteps of multiple vampires on top and under their cabin. Moments after a knock on the door was followed by Ferid peeking inside, as if he was peeking in someone's shower.

"They came earlier than expected, how inpatient of them. Let's get going, you adorable-" His sentence was cut off by Mika's death stare and he exited the room right away. Mika turned to Yu and took his hand in his, looking right in the eye.

"Don't worry about anything, okay? I will go with you no matter what happens." Yu smiled and softly kissed Mika on the cheek making him blush.

"Everything will be fine."

They both left the room, walking fast down the hall. Mika secretly got Yu' Demon Weapon back, so that he wasn't barehanded.

The plan was to get conveniently lost in all the commotion and then escape with the humans. Yu spirit raised very high, he had finally succeeded in getting his family back and that was the most important thing, nothing else really mattered at that point. Ferid was still a problem though, as Mika knew that he would definitely keep a close eye on them, but they will deal with that as they go. The plan was tough, but possible. Anything was possible, as long as Mika and Yu stay together.