Chapter 20

Phoenix's pov
I had been fixing up the old proton pack with grandma's ghosts help "hey what is this place?" I hear Phoebe asked and I turn to see her with a smile "this is grandma's lab" I say and the little desk lamp moved to look at Phoebe. She looked very shocked at what she was seeing "wait a second, ghosts are real?!" She yelled in surprise I giggled a little and nodded yes, the next day we went out to test and she brought along her friend podcast. Turns out she found a ghost trap and let whatever was in it out, everything went crazy as we encountered a ghost and almost trapped it but had no luck. We walk into Trevor who was driving this old car "I can't believe it, Grandma was a ghostbuster along with grandpa and their friends" Phoebe says and unfortunately they get arrested "hey we get at least one phone call" Phoenix says and she called a number

"rays occult and we're closed" he says just before he can hang up Phoenix speaks "wait! I only get one phone call, me and my friends are in prison" she says. The man speaks up "The slamer huh? I've been there myself, I'm not a lawyer but I'm listening" he says "are you Ray Stantz the ghostbuster?" Phoenix asked "and now I'm hanging up" Ray says "hang on please, I'm calling about talyn spengler" Phoebe says. There was a bit of a pause "talyn Spengler can rot in hell" Ray says and Phoenix felt her eyes tearing up a little "she died last week" she says "oh man, no kidding" Ray says sadly. Phoenix sighs "weren't you two friends?" She asked "that was a long time ago" Ray says in the phone "what happened to you guys?" Phoenix asked him as they kept talking. Ray rubbed his eyes "oh well look when we started busting ghosts was a gas, the economy was good, Reagan years, people believed in us then things got slow hauntings got thin, Venkman thought we did out job to well, we could barely keep up our mortgage some actor bought up most of tribeca and we lost the firehouse it's a Starbucks now" Ray says.

Phoenix couldn't believe what she was hearing "so then you all just walked away?" She says "Peter went back to academia he's at suny Cortland now he's a professor of emeritus he teaches advertising and promotion, Winston went into finance he worked hard coined a fortune, Egon went back to work at columbia as a professor of science & I'm here" ray says. Phoenix kept listening "well what about Talyn?" She asked "well she wasn't helping, we went from 10 calls a week to 1 if we were lucky then talyn started to tell people that their little ghost problems didn't matter because the world was coming to and end, she got spooky freaked me, one morning I go to work and ecto 1 are old catilac is gone, her neutrona thrower, collider pack, all the traps, 16 ounces of fuel isotop all gone, she cleaned us out, now we were the dead ones & she broke poor Egon's heart by leaving so suddenly" Ray says.

Phoenix sighs "don't you think she might of had a reason?" She asked "she phoned me about 10 years later from some small town in oklahoma, she kept rambling on about 'the rising storm' & 'the huge psychic tornado' that was gonna 'consume humanity in darkness forever' and kid I wanted to believe" he says. Phoenix intrupted him "you don't understand, there was this mountain and it had these ancient carvings" she says close to crying from desperation "kid there are a lot of mountains out there with ancient carvings, take a little advice, don't go chasing ghosts" ray says. Phoenix says something that left him surprised and shocked "talyn Spengler was my grandmother" she says but before ray could react the phoneline went dead.